Android CPU question

Go to solution Solved by Boomwebsearch,
5 minutes ago, xotzz said:

I just want to do a question for something I've been thinking for a while. It will not help me in any way, I just want the answer if anyone has it.聽

My phone (Snapdragon 835 CPU) has 8 cores(4 big @ 2.4GHz聽and 4 little @ 1.9 GHz). For some reason I can disable up to 6 cores only (3 big + 3 small). So my question is:

Which and how many cores is better to disable for power saving? If I disable 3 big then the small cores would probably work at 100% most of the time which means more heat... but does it mean more power consumption than using only big cores that work at much lower %?

It's just a random question but still... thank you in advance 馃檪

For the聽Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, four Cortex-A73 cores are running at 2.45 GHz, the other four Cortex-A53 cores are running at 1.9 GHz. If you're using Android, there should be a built-in "Power Saver" feature in Settings that will reduce background processes and lower the operating frequency of your processor among other things to save battery. The聽Cortex-A73 cores are more efficient than the聽Cortex-A53 cores, I would disable the three聽Cortex-A53 cores at 1.9 GHz first.

I just want to do a question for something I've been thinking for a while. It will not help me in any way, I just want the answer if anyone has it.聽

My phone (Snapdragon 835 CPU) has 8 cores(4 big @ 2.4GHz聽and 4 little @ 1.9 GHz). For some reason I can disable up to 6 cores only (3 big + 3 small). So my question is:

Which and how many cores is better to disable for power saving? If I disable 3 big then the small cores would probably work at 100% most of the time which means more heat... but does it mean more power consumption than using only big cores that work at much lower %?

5 minutes ago, xotzz said:

For the聽Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, four Cortex-A73 cores are running at 2.45 GHz, the other four Cortex-A53 cores are running at 1.9 GHz. If you're using Android, there should be a built-in "Power Saver" feature in Settings that will reduce background processes and lower the operating frequency of your processor among other things to save battery. The聽Cortex-A73 cores are more efficient than the聽Cortex-A53 cores, I would disable the three聽Cortex-A53 cores at 1.9 GHz first.

Hope聽this information post was helpful聽聽?,

聽 聽 聽 聽 @Boomwebsearch