Metal part of USB stuck inside USB port. Any ideas on how to get it out?

Jclau77

Hey guys, you may not believe this but I kinda got myself into a sticky situation...

I’ve been using my wireless mouse recently and when I tried pulling out the USB from the port on the side of my keyboard the metal part of the USB got stuck inside while the other half was pulled out.

It’s now stuck inside the USB port and I am not sure on what to do. It’s one of those small wireless USBs. I don’t want to damage the port nor the metal part of the usb. Is there any way for me to safely remove it? If so please tell me!

7B8058D4-C500-495B-A175-5F366C3E1AA5.jpeg

I guess u can use glue and something small that can get in there and pull it out, or u can try using a tweezer...

Seems like there is enough sticking out to use some pliers and pull it out.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann said:

Seems like there is enough sticking out to use some pliers and pull it out.

Which kind of pliers should I use? I attempted on using tweezers to get it out but to no avail.

2 minutes ago, Jclau77 said:

Which kind of pliers should I use? I attempted on using tweezers to get it out but to no avail.

I'd use something like this:

image.png.0b34a50733689edfaaf05e45cd2209f2.png

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

I'd use something like this:

image.png.0b34a50733689edfaaf05e45cd2209f2.png

Alright, I’ll try that! But I’m just worried I might bend the thin piece of metal which will ultimately break the USB itself. Should I attempt to grab it from the bottom or the side?

1 minute ago, Jclau77 said:

Alright, I’ll try that! But I’m just worried I might bend the thin piece of metal which will ultimately break the USB itself. Should I attempt to grab it from the bottom or the side?

I'd grab it from the side:

image.png.884425e20520590edb27d540d04f1f46.png

Just now, Stahlmann said:

Alright, I’ll try that. I’ll do it when I wake up since it’s 4:04 in the morning for me right now. I’ll update this if I manage to get it out. Wish me luck!

10 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Just to update this, I managed to get it out without breaking it thank god. I had to use needle nosed pliers with those small teeth. Was a pain to get out but don't worry! The USB still works!

• 2 years later...

sorry for dead posting, but i also want to thank you so much! i had the exact same thing happen and was freaking out, but this worked like a charm! thank you!