Is it safe to partition a ssd?

Sir_Doge
Go to solution Solved by MadmanRB,

Yes its totally safe, just partition it like any other hard drive it will be fine.

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Literally the same as an HDD.

Why do you need to partition it though?

If you want to separate your files just make folders on it.

Well it is rather a good idea to keep personal files on a separate section of the drive so that if anything goes pear shaped you can recover easily from it.

I want to make a partition of 100gb on my 480gb ssd. Is it safe to make a partition like a hdd? Or is there any special procedure to follow.

My ssd is a BX500 480gb.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yes its totally safe, just partition it like any other hard drive it will be fine.

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Well it is rather a good idea to keep personal files on a separate section of the drive so that if anything goes pear shaped you can recover easily from it.

Perfectly normal just make sure that ahci is enabled and never defragment a SSD.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.