pwr cut off during bios update

iMxmo

i share a room with my two brothers, they wouldn’t get off their systems so my mum cut off the power to our room via circuit breaker (she does this regularly) but this time i was doing a bios update, how convenient. anyways power goes to components, fans turn on. but no display, will reset cmos now to see what it does

8 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

i share a room with my two brothers, they wouldn’t get off their systems so my mum cut off the power to our room via circuit breaker (she does this regularly) but this time i was doing a bios update, how convenient. anyways power goes to components, fans turn on. but no display, will reset cmos now to see what it does

Tell her to buy a new motherboard, you break it, you fix it

11 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

specs are as follows: 

2600X

B450 Steel Legend

Ballistix 3200C16 

Crucial P1 1Tb

Amp 550w

rest shouldn’t matter 

cmos reset didn’t do anything, not like i expected that to work anyways. going to use brothers a320 mobo to see if cpu is still functional, wish me luck.

14 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

cmos reset didn’t do anything, not like i expected that to work anyways. going to use brothers a320 mobo to see if cpu is still functional, wish me luck.

cpu is fine, your mom bricked your motherboard.

Im supprised that she didnt break something sooner, hdds and some other commponets really dont like force shutdowns

There are a couple ways to fix this. Either, A: make your mom get a bios flasher clip and a arduino, or B: Make your mom get you a new board.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, iCypticx said:

I think it would have been more convenient to inform your mom that you cannot cut the power as, "I'm in the middle of updating my computer and it's critical the power does NOT go out"... 

You're SOLed, she bricked the motherboard when she cut the power during a BIOS flash. Time to get a new motherboard. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

cpu is fine, your mom bricked your motherboard.

Im supprised that she didnt break something sooner, hdds and some other commponets really dont like force shutdowns

There are a couple ways to fix this. Either, A: make your mom get a bios flasher clip and a arduino, or B: Make your mom get you a new board.

> surprised she didn’t break something sooner

honestly me too, these circuit breakers power offs really took a toll on my P1’s drive health and knowing that my brothers systems also went through that…yikes. i’m partially to blame, i should have told her i was doing something important. i’ll look into the arduino solution. also will contact asrock or amazon to see what they can do. thank you 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

I think it would have been more convenient to inform your mom that you cannot cut the power as, "I'm in the middle of updating my computer and it's critical the power does NOT go out"... 

You're SOLed, she bricked the motherboard when she cut the power during a BIOS flash. Time to get a new motherboard. 

yea i’m partially to blame, but hey how was i supposed to know my mom would decide to cut the power to my room with the circuit breaker hah

Bios flashing on non dip packange bios chips can be a pain in the ass if you are using a clip or desoldering and resoldering it, my decade old p5q is easily moddable cause it has a dip package bios chip and i can just take it out, put it on my bios programmer (ch341a) and flash whatever bios for testing or just experimenting.

Ive only found that msi neo bios partially wirks

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Bios flashing on non dip packange bios chips can be a pain in the ass if you are using a clip or desoldering and resoldering it, my decade old p5q is easily moddable cause it has a dip package bios chip and i can just take it out, put it on my bios programmer (ch341a) and flash whatever bios for testing or just experimenting.

Ive only found that msi neo bios partially wirks

well i certainly don’t have a soldering station at home, but about that arduino/raspberry pi flashrom that was mentioned here

20 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

would i just need some research on how to use these tools for my case and i should be fine right? i did some googling and found this video of a guy doing a bios flash via raspberry pi and using the wires onto a SPI header from his mobo. would that work for my case? 

youtube video i was referring to

I believe there are BIOS flashing tools that can clamp on to the BIOS chip on your board without desoldering it, depending on where the chip is. Not sure if they're any less reliable than the ones that require the chip to be removed though.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16