Am I being dumb?

iCas

So there's this guy I know who's about to build a Gaming PC with an i5 4670k, a Gaming mobo with over clocking and a GTX 750 Ti. (he has a very hight budged) I asked him if he wanted to overclock his CPU, he said with over clocking his PC would crash like every minute. I told him he'd be better of buying an i5 4570 and a cheaper mobo if he doesn't want to over clock, and spent more money on a GTX 760. He said all pc's need a very good CPU to get great performance, and that otherwise he couldn't even download things from the internet with such a slow CPU. I tried to convince him, but he thinks I should watch more tech. (which I do already all day long really xD) But really, I'm a bit confused, am I the one who's being dumb? (I'm really not trolling, i feel kinda confused)

PS: Sorry for my bad englisch!

So there's this guy I know who's about to build a Gaming PC with an i5 4670k, a Gaming mobo with over clocking and a GTX 750 Ti. (he has a very hight budged) I asked him if he wanted to overclock his CPU, he said with over clocking his PC would crash like every minute. I told him he'd be better of buying an i5 4570 and a cheaper mobo if he doesn't want to over clock, and spent more money on a GTX 760. He said all pc's need a very good CPU to get great performance, and that otherwise he couldn't even download things from the internet with such a slow CPU. I tried to convince him, but he thinks I should watch more tech. (which I do already all day long really xD) But really, I'm a bit confused, am I the one who's being dumb? (I'm really not trolling, i feel kinda confused)

This gentleman is pretty well incorrect. Although a well preforming CPU is a must. So is a good GPU when gaming. I would suggest an AMD alternative if his budget is so tight. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

he's the one being dumb. "all pc's need a very good CPU to get great performance, and that otherwise he couldn't even download things from the internet with such a slow CPU."

......................................................................................................................................................................................

also ..............................................................................................................

cpu unless the game is actually made to use it which 99% of them arent isnt important above a 3ghz quad core.. and wow is he the dumb one :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

This gentleman is pretty well incorrect. Although a well preforming CPU is a must. So is a good GPU when gaming. I would suggest an AMD alternative if his budget is so tight. 

Yea, he doesn't talk to me anymore anyways

Thanks for helping me out dude! :D

Thanks a lot for helping me out dudes!

I feel a lot better now to be really honest  :D

He's being a moron. In a gaming build CPU speed is not the main focus. Important, yes, but most money should be shoved in the direction of the best GPU he can squeeze into his budget

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

CPU's do jack shit in games for the most part (except battlefield 3 & 4). Tell him to get i5 4570 and a B/H87 board with a 770 and bam you got a beast setup that doesn't have overclocking on the CPU.
Also download speed is affected by your router and your reliability of your ISP and plan.

Better cpu is directly related to internet download speeds guys. Dont you know anything about networking at all??? Lol but anyways yes what everybody has said so far and what you said in your post is pretty much spot on.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Nah, your English was great. The only fault I saw was the word englisch. (English)

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

Nah, your English was great. The only fault I saw was the word englisch. (English)

Hahaha, what a dumb fault.  :P  Then I shouldn't have said I was bad at english  :D

And thanks again for the advice! You guys are so fast!  :ph34r:

You? No.

Your friend? Very dumb.

Ask him to sign up to this forum and we'll school him good..And the two of you will become bff again.