How can I setup my two monitors with Mac and PC?

I have 2 monitors. 1080p 60Hz and 1440p with 144Hz 

A MacBook Pro (2019 Intel based model) and a Alienware x17 Laptop

I use Mac for office work and use Alienware laptop for gaming.

I want to connect both laptops to both monitors and switch between them easily.

I am also trying to avoid hassle of changing my same keyboard and mouse which I will be using for both of them.

The current best solution I found is to use a TESmart accessory that allows dual monitor with Mac and PC. However, it limits 1440p to 120Hz. I posted link below if you want to check.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/TESmart-Monitor-Switch-Updated-Support/dp/B083MZSVFM

Is there any way to do this?

-> Moved to Displays

You have two options. Better would be if both monitors have multiple inputs. Then you can connect them directly and just switch inputs. This is also cheapest method. If you don't have multiple inputs or for some reason feel like flipping through inputs is too much work, you can use KVM. Like the one you linked. It would give you one swotch, but limit resolution and refresh rate to what KVM supports. It will also increase the amount of cables as you double the amount.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LogicalDrm Those are nice suggestions.

I was willing to handle all KVM stuff. However as you mentioned, KVM limits resolution and refresh rate and I only found a single KVM for my use case that has bad positive to negative ratio with $$. So not going for it.

Currently thinking about getting "CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock" since I would only need to change between thunderbolt C port from Mac to PC and rest of the ports are on the Dock.

• 1 month later...

If you want to share high refresh rate monitors, the better pick will be DisplayPort 1.4 KVM switch (not the HDMI KVM switch).  I believe the two monitors you have should have DisplayPort video input port on it.   Since there are already two built-in DisplayPort video output ports on the Alienware x17 gaming laptop, you can connect those DP outputs directly to the DP 1.4 KVM switch.   However, for your MacBook Pro 2019, you need to have a thunderbolt 3 docking station plugged in to the MBP to provide USB and dual DP outputs to the dual DP KVM switch.  CalDigit TS3 is the best docking station for the 2019 MBP. 

Then next step is to pick a DP 1.4 KVM switch for dual-DP monitors and dual systems.   It's better to pick a DP 1.4 KVM switch support EDID emulation/ EDID feeding to all video channels.