Any suggestions for lightweight video editing software for a laptop

Obamium

I was going to edit video using filmora X, but I don't think my graphics card is good for it, since it's a laptop. Any ideas of video editing software that runs smoothly on a Ideapad s540 with 16 gigs of ram and a iCore 5 with Intel UHD graphics.

Does it need to be free? 

Give resolve a shot, works reasonable on slower systems fron my usage.

What footage are you editing? Making proxies or transcoding to prores/dnxhr/cineform makes editing much faster and better preforming.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does it need to be free? 

What footage are you editing? Making proxies or transcoding to prores/dnxhr/cineform makes editing much faster and better preforming.

Alright I'll try Davinci Resolve. Also I'm editing minecraft gameplay with OBS. Also I have no idea how to make a proxy

1 minute ago, Obamium said:

Alright I'll try Davinci Resolve. Also I'm editing minecraft gameplay with OBS. Also I have no idea how to make a proxy

I know there is a plugin for obs that lets you record in prores, a codec thats much easier to edit.

8 minutes ago, Obamium said:

I was going to edit video using filmora X, but I don't think my graphics card is good for it, since it's a laptop. Any ideas of video editing software that runs smoothly on a Ideapad s540 with 16 gigs of ram and a iCore 5 with Intel UHD graphics.

I have edited with Windows Movie Maker and Filmora before on some pretty old/slow machines without significant issues. If you have a newer Intel CPU such as a 10th gen or 11th gen then the integrated graphics on those are going to be much better, use CPU-based encoding where available.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

3 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

I have edited with Windows Movie Maker and Filmora before on some pretty old/slow machines without significant issues. If you have a newer Intel CPU such as a 10th gen or 11th gen then the integrated graphics on those are going to be much better, use CPU-based encoding where available.

Alright I have a 10th generation core i5 so I think it'll work

39 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Does it need to be free? 

Also which type of davinci resolve should i download

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What options do you have? Id do the free version of the latest revision.

Alright