Good anti-virus?

So im closing to receiveing the parts to my new pc and ive decided to ditch good ol AVG, its served me well but i think its time to upgrade to something that offers more.
Any particular ones? My brother always uses Kaspersky, but ive read that Bitdefender is really good.

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

why bother

im not even using one

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

your brain.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Avast isn't bad and its for free

using AVG free version atm its not bad just want something a little bit better

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

i just realized i spelt Anti as Anit in the title lol

use adblock for random surfing while having it turned off for sites you trust and visit, that will protect your from random pop ups that you can accidentally click, and just having avast or Malwarebytes to help.

I did a full scan with Malwarebytes and avast after having used my computer for 1 year now since last format without a firewall or anti virus and it found nothing.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

So im closing to receiveing the parts to my new pc and ive decided to ditch good ol AVG, its served me well but i think its time to upgrade to something that offers more.

Any particular ones? My brother always uses Kaspersky, but ive read that Bitdefender is really good.

You have 2 options.

1. Be smart about what you do. Aka - Use your brain (As previously mentioned.)

2. Pay, don't be a cheapo.

CPU i5 6600K | Mobo Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 | Cooling H80i | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB in SLi | Geil Super Luce 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Intel 330 120GB | 2 x 1TB WD Black | Corsair Air 540 | XFX ProSeries 1250W. | Corsair K70 Anodised Black Cherry Reds | Logitech G502 | Dell U2713HM | Red LED Lighting.

Portable Gamer - Metabox Alpha W370SS - CPU i7 4710MQ | RAM 8GB 1600MHz | Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | 17.3" Matte Display 72% Gamut
Back-up - HP Pavilion dv6 - Ancient Stuff - P7550 @ 2.26gHz  | DDR2 4GB | Kingston HyperX 120Gb SSD | ATi 4550m (fried)

fixed :)

Thanks heaps man :)

use adblock for random surfing while having it turned off for sites you trust and visit, that will protect your from random pop ups that you can accidentally click, and just having avast or Malwarebytes to help.

I did a full scan with Malwarebytes and avast after having used my computer for 1 year now since last format without a firewall or anti virus and it found nothing.

yeah i currently use adblock, couldnt stand the internet without it

ill give malwarebytes ago :)

yeah i currently use adblock, couldnt stand the internet without it

ill give malwarebytes ago :)

just remember to turn it off for LinusTechtips and youtube and twitch and such sites you use :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

antivirus.jpg

Hope this helps. My little brother is having the same problem.. he doesn't wanna pay AT ALL, but still wants all the protection options. So now he is in a pickle where he is afraid of installing applications and games because there isn't a proper protection on the PC yet. Personally, I would recommend something free AVIRA because i think it suffices for everyday use. The truth is there isn't an antivirus that COMPLETELY protects your PC anyways... even if you don't torrent anything.

just remember to turn it off for LinusTechtips and youtube and twitch and such sites you use :)

Always :)

I have used BitDefender for a while and I have to say it slows your computer down immensely. Not worth the protection if it hinders the performance of your PC that much I think. Go AVIRA man, it's the best free shit out there.

antivirus.jpg

Hope this helps. My little brother is having the same problem.. he doesn't wanna pay AT ALL, but still wants all the protection options. So now he is in a pickle where he is afraid of installing applications and games because there isn't a proper protection on the PC yet. Personally, I would recommend something free AVIRA because i think it suffices for everyday use. The truth is there isn't an antivirus that COMPLETELY protects your PC anyways... even if you don't torrent anything.

I have no issues with paying, most likely going to get Bitdefender and give it a try its only $39 i believe. Thanks for the graph, was very useful :)

I have used BitDefender for a while and I have to say it slows your computer down immensely. Not worth the protection if it hinders the performance of your PC that much I think. Go AVIRA man, it's the best free shit out there.

Oh really, well that just changed my mind hahaha thanks for that. I'll look up on AVIRA then :) cheers

Oh really, well that just changed my mind hahaha thanks for that. I'll look up on AVIRA then :) cheers

No prob bro. Kapers is too expensive, bitdefender slows you down... how bout ESET? I think it's priced not as expensive as Kapers.

Av-test are a really good source of reviews - they actually rate bitdefender as having the best performance on windows 8, also the best protection, oh and kaspersky too

http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/windows-8/novdec-2013/

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

the closest thing i use to anti-virus is malware bytes but tbh i havent used one in 6 years. i just have it so i can test things

Webroot

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Common Sense 2014™

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Common Sense 2014™

error 404

file name not found...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Malwarebytes pro + weboftrust + any other antivirus 

since ive started giving that to people they havent had any problems, even the stupid people that go onto the stupidest websites.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Malwarebytes pro + weboftrust + any other antivirus 

since ive started giving that to people they havent had any problems, even the stupid people that go onto the stupidest websites.

thanks heaps! installing malwarebyets now, i'll install the premium version on my new pc in a few weeks. cheers man