No display after enabling secure boot

Just now, RTX 3071 said:

Did you unplug the PC and also shut the PSU down with its switch while doing the BIOS reset?

Yes of course 

Just now, camryan22 said:

Yes of course I even tried a brand new battery 

Just now, camryan22 said:

Yes of course 

Try having the USB on but not having the boot drive on and see if you can reach the BIOS.

1 minute ago, RTX 3071 said:

Try having the USB on but not having the boot drive on and see if you can reach the BIOS.

Well that didn’t work and I have found another wierd thing while the usb is in a usb3 port the boot led goes off but while in a usb 2 it’s still on I don’t understand this issue

5 minutes ago, camryan22 said:

Well that didn’t work and I have found another wierd thing while the usb is in a usb3 port the boot led goes off but while in a usb 2 it’s still on I don’t understand this issue

Do you have another PC?

3 minutes ago, RTX 3071 said:

Do you have another PC?

I do

6 minutes ago, camryan22 said:

I do

Create a Windows installation media and boot from it. Boot led indicates an error with the device you are booting with. Don't forget to flash Windows installation media as GPT.

4 minutes ago, RTX 3071 said:

Create a Windows installation media and boot from it. Boot led indicates an error with the device you are booting with. Don't forget to flash Windows installation media as GPT.

Will do but what if I try to flash bios could that work without a monitor not sure if there’s a flash button

1 minute ago, camryan22 said:

Will do but what if I try to flash bios could that work without a monitor not sure if there’s a flash button

There is a flash button in this motherboard and yeah, worth trying.

11 minutes ago, RTX 3071 said:

There is a flash button in this motherboard and yeah, worth trying.

Will do

1 hour ago, RTX 3071 said:

Did you unplug the PC and also shut the PSU down with its switch while doing the BIOS reset?

Bios flash worked ty for all the help

Just created this acc since i encountered this problem last year, with the same type of motherboard. Solved it by doing Bios flashback through USB.
I believe the issue is that Secure Boot was enabled on legacy bios mode and a MBR partitioned Windows 10 install.
Seems like UEFI only, not Legacy or auto/both must be selected in the bios settings before installing Windows.
My theory is during the install of Windows, it partitioned the disk volume in the older legacy MBR partition, instead of the newer GPT UEFI compatible partition.
Then enabling Secure Boot caused the bios to bork out. 

So when installing Windows UEFI needs to be enabled first for Windows to be installed in GPT. 
A MBR volume can be formatted to GPT by running MBR2GPT in the command prompt (with privileges), with no data loss. It worked on my Z87/4690K system.
After the command has run, you restart your PC and select UEFI only in the bios.

I haven't enabled Secure Boot yet though. I wanna read up more on all the Platform Key stuff. Having custom ones instead of the standard ones might be preferible for security.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/10/2021 at 3:10 PM, SladeDJWilson said:

Hi I'm in this very same situation did you get any solution ?

Here is what i learned after facing same issue:
After turning on secure boot in bios and reboot, had same reaction- no picture on display. Reading forums for information found that is some kind of problem about display interfaces.
What i tried:
Removing cmos batery wont help for me, tryed removing for 10 mins using power button and tried jumper for clearing cmos.
Tryed launch Q-Flash utility - no reaction.

What helped for me:
We went in local PC -Store since we had no other cabels except HDMI, and asked them to connect to some Other Monitors Using Different Interfaces - No reaction On HDMI, Vga, Or DP, then i asked to plug in any other GPU and then? OH MIRACLE. everything showed via same HDMI Cable that we had. We loaded default settings but Secure boot needs to be Turn off Manually, even after loading bios default settings Secure boot stayed turned on.
So the only solution that helped me is plug in Other GPU and then restore Bios Defaults.

Hope that Information will help somone.

Cheers.