App support on windows 11

bigbosss

With the launch of the new windows 11 when it is released to the windows insoders will i have to install all my apps again or will i be able to just upgrade the os and be ready to go? also will the update come as an update on the settings or do i have to go to the microsoft site and get it?

Edited by bigbosss
Insufficent Data

Yes.

10 minutes ago, bigbosss said:

Insufficent Data

To be slightly more serious, the info isn't out there just yet (heck, the OS isn't even officially out yet) so it's difficult to say with any certainty. My guess is you'll be able to do an in-place upgrade and as to the 2nd question, my guess is an optional update from the Updates and Security Setting

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

98% chance that you will just do an inplace upgrade, as they did in win 7 -> win10

Windows 11 is a very incremental upgrade from 10.

I've got a dev version installed, and it works a looot like 10 does.  Nearly anything that runs in 10 properly should run in 11 just fine.

2 hours ago, tkitch said:

Windows 11 is a very incremental upgrade from 10.

I've got a dev version installed, and it works a looot like 10 does.  Nearly anything that runs in 10 properly should run in 11 just fine.

Thanks for the valuable info. any idea when it will come for bta testers i see that they have updated the description from win 10 - win 11 and will beta testers get it first or the release preview channel members