Better setup/software for Whatsapp desktop

ws= whatsapp

wsdtp= whatsapp desktop

I use whatsapp fairly regularly and recently i've been using Whatsapp desktop quite a lot and with every passing day i ask myself

"How is it that Billion$ companies can't get their software to just f**king work?"

(btw is running whatsapp in a browser better than running the desktop app in terms of which uses more resources.)

Im having constant issues with whatsapp desktop where it'll just go "oh welp guess your phone's not connected to the net imma time out now" and then i have to open my phone, open ws, wait for wsdtp to reconnect and then continue until 5-10 mins later it happens [begin rant] F***ING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY PHONE'S NOT CONNECTED IT'S LITERALLY 5 STEPS AWAY FROM MY ROUTER FOR F**KS SAKE AND ITS ON THE 5GHZ BAND NO LESS[end rant]

So i wanted to ask is there any way to get a better experience short of having my phone stay on ws and make the screen so that it doesn't turn off.

I've tried looking up some alternatives and the closest i could find was something called Franz which is essentially same shit different skin and can run other apps like Gmail, Telegram etc in the same app.

pls send help im losing my fuking mind

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Phone: Poco F3 8GB + 256GB

Audio: Samson SR850s

Sound Card: SoundBlaster Play 4 USB sound card

IEM: planning to get the KBEAR KS2s
Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far

There aren't alternative clients for WhatsApp because they don't really have a suitable API. The best you'll get is, as you describe it, "same shit different skin".

You could try running the mobile app in a virtual environment, such as an emulator or virtual machine?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

There aren't alternative clients for WhatsApp because they don't really have a suitable API. The best you'll get is, as you describe it, "same shit different skin".

You could try running the mobile app in a virtual environment, such as an emulator or virtual machine?

something like bluestacks? hmmmmm my laptop isn't that powerful (Ryzen 3 3300U with 6GB RAM) and the few times i did run bluestacks it gobbles all the resources available and hits like a freight train.

Are there any lighter/lightweight emulators?

I'm under the impression that emulation is in of itself a very taxing process for any machine.

5 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Check out Rambox.

Will check it out. Thanks Admiral

PC: Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200mhz RAM (8GBx2), Gigabyte B550M DS3H, GTX 1050 2GB, 650W Semi-Modular PSU80+ Gold

Please be patient with me, I'm fatally dumb and its honestly a miracle I've made it this far

I'm using WhatsApp through Opera. And from that, you aren't getting better experience. This is not client side thing, its how WhatsApp handles connections, like how oftten it requires to "login" or sync.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I'm using WhatsApp through Opera. And from that, you aren't getting better experience. This is not client side thing, its how WhatsApp handles connections, like how oftten it requires to "login" or sync.

If it's using ws thru 3rd parties like Opera and the experience isn't that amazing i can sort of get it, the problem comes when using WhatsApp's own f**king desktop app doesnt really get you any better of an expeirence. Like come on! You are a Billion$ company how tf do you still have such shitty issues? it actually took them a whole of 3-4 years to understand the opposite of white is black and then implement dark mode.

On 6/24/2021 at 5:59 PM, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Check out Rambox.

Checked out Rambox, from what i can see it simply routes whatsappweb thru its app so not really the solution i was looking for though granted this has got me interested in the idea of having all my communications in 1 app. I was already using Franz for a few days prior to using Rambox. it is as i originally put it "same shit different skin" 

What i really want is to solve the connection issues. But i suppose the API is just that fucked that there really isnt much a 3rd party can do to unfuck it. So it seems i'm stuck with this issue until whatsapp itself decides to improve the desktop experience a bit.

BTW i use whatsapp business on my phone (im stranded cant go back to normal ws) and i was wondering whether that has anything to do with the shitty connection issues?

3 hours ago, Hassan170 said:

If it's using ws thru 3rd parties like Opera and the experience isn't that amazing i can sort of get it, the problem comes when using WhatsApp's own f**king desktop app doesnt really get you any better of an expeirence. Like come on! You are a Billion$ company how tf do you still have such shitty issues? it actually took them a whole of 3-4 years to understand the opposite of white is black and then implement dark mode.

For one, tone it down a bit. We get that you are frustrated with Whatsapp, but it's rather unreasonable to express it like it was our fault.

For two, usually 3rd party solutions are better for long time if they aren't the main focus. Good example being Twitter on mobile. So I would say that this is more about how Whatsapp does their syncing than anything else.

I have tried Signal on desktop too, but don't recall if it was better in terms of syncing. It was worse with contacts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

For one, tone it down a bit. We get that you are frustrated with Whatsapp, but it's rather unreasonable to express it like it was our fault.

Sorry about that, I wasn't being angry at you guys. Just venting my frustration at WhatsApp. My bad.

For two, usually 3rd party solutions are better for long time if they aren't the main focus. Good example being Twitter on mobile. So I would say that this is more about how Whatsapp does their syncing than anything else.

I don't really get what you're trying to say... but i have been using Franz for a few days and the connection timeouts or whatever this is seems to have calmed down a bit. i think for the meantime Franz has solved my problem and i get to have all my comms in 1 app so its handy as well.

I have tried Signal on desktop too, but don't recall if it was better in terms of syncing. It was worse with contacts.

I never used Signal desktop. I did it have it set up as my SMS app though, really liked the UI. I never really used it much tho outside of handling SMS which were mostly marketing texts. In Asia it seems Telegram is wayyyy more well known than SIgnal. Plus that whole WhatsApp .... revolution? i guess Exodus would be a better word. Point is I don't use Telegram or Signal simple because the people around me don't. So yeah that one doesn't really apply to me.