MSI GTX 1660 super aero ITX - Deshrouding?

Bell_D

I have the MSI GTX 1660 super aero ITX for a budget ITX build, but the fan is quite noisy and I noticed the heatsink isn't one of those with fins that can see through (see the photo). I want to improve the thermal and a quieter setup. The fan already speed up and making noise at around 60 C.

Watched a few deshroud or GPU modding videos, here are the questions:

1. Will deshroud makes a difference to a small card like this?

2. Are location of the GPU all the same in all cards? i.e. I can install a 2 fan heat sink onto it instead of staying as single fan?

I'm quite new to this and I'm fully aware I'll void my warranty doing any of the above.

product_3_20190314102548_5c89bbace6112.png

1. No probably worse temps

2. No all cards are different and this one is EXTRA special.

Best you can do is take the fan and shroud off, put some high airflow fans on the card with a ziptie and hope for the best (I recommend arctic p series fans).

I saw the Arctic Accelero Mono Plus looks ok for a card this small, but arctic seems to be out of stock almost everywhere

21 minutes ago, Bell_D said:

I saw the Arctic Accelero Mono Plus looks ok for a card this small, but arctic seems to be out of stock almost everywhere

It doesn't fit this card. Only a standard reference 1660.

As I said this thing is extremely special and basically full custom made. It's this cooler and that is it.