AMD Athlon II X4 630 Temperatures

Earlier today I decided to disable thermal throttling on my processor. However I am quite concerned on the temperatures that I have been getting which are in excess of 75 degrees celcius under load. I am fully aware that this processor isn't designed for gaming and am planning to replace it with a 3570k but I do want to be able to at least play games until then.

I am also rather foolishly using the stock AMD cooler and have the CPU overclocked to 3.07 ghz from 2.8. My system specs are:

-AMD Athlon 2 x4 630@3.07ghz

-AMD HD 7850@1ghz

-4 GB DDR3 1600 memory

-ASROCK N68C-S UCC

I do not need to be reminded that my PC is a piece of crap, I just want to know If the temperature will be a severe issue in the near future.

The temperature is at borderline, have you considered purchase the Coolermaster Hyper 212?

OK, that temp is bad. Those chips are not designed to go above 70oC. Ever. You will be reducing the lifespan of that chip. Get those clocks back down to stock now and keep them there. That board is also is not deigned to handle over clocking. The power delivery simply isn't there. Fortunately that CPU's power draw even at those clocks won't be too high but still...

Clean your PC if that doesn't help then consider getting the Hyper 212 as killerx525 reccomended. That should bring your temps down to 40's, 50's.

Yeah the Hyper 212 is a great buy for the Athlon. I have a Athlon 645 and I OC'd it to 3.7. Under load it doesn't get more than 55c. I've been running it like this for over a year. Still works fine. :)

Thanks for all the replies, just ordered a Hyper 212 hopefully it will resolve the issue.

Thanks for all the replies, just ordered a Hyper 212 hopefully it will resolve the issue.

A fine choice! :)

• 1 month later...

hello I want to know which memory type you have

I change to a phenom 6 AMD3

I want to know

what kind ddr3

put