My First Build for SideFX Houdini, CPU rendering (PyroFX mostly), need advice for motherboard?

Budget (including currency): 2000-3000 USD (the lower the better, obv.)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: SideFX Houdini, Autodesk Maya, Dassault CATIA V5, Substance Painter, some heavy simulation computational work (all cpu side, mostly aerodynamics/fluid dynamics)

Other details I got an EIZO screen I will be carrying over from my last computer, 10 years old FHD, I don't want any higher resolution.

Hello everyone!

I am currently putting together a new build that I plan to assemble this autumn, since my current build is 12 years old and well, it is struggling to keep up. Here is the list of components: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/mGCLrH (also as attachment bellow), and here is my question.. I don't know much about computers, but the CPU on the list apparently excels at Houdini, having checked the benchmarks. I am not however at all familiar with motherboards, or RAMs, or power supplies, etc. The components I put on the list in those categories is just stuff I found on the internet, and for example with the motherboard, I feel like it is a bit too expensive? Also, the GPU seems extremely expensive considering it is 2 generations behind? I may be asking some stupid questions, and I do apologize for that, my knowledge of computers is limited.

Thank you for any and all answers ahead of time.

build.png.839c83f4915153ca67833279d679294f.png

I just realized, looking at benchmarks, that the RTX 3070 is apparently cheaper and has better performance? Probably impossible to acquire now however, any idea on when it might be available?

2 minutes ago, vmare98 said:

I just realized, looking at benchmarks, that the RTX 3070 is apparently cheaper and has better performance? Probably impossible to acquire now however, any idea on when it might be available?

https://www.apollos.cz/produkt/msi-rtx3070-ventus-2x-oc-8gb/613/

here is one for 1500 USD, so I suppose that is a replacement in the list.