Samsung Odyssey C32G75TQSM stuck blue pixel in the center

Liargoff

Hello,

I bought a Samsung C32G75TQSM and it has a stuck blue pixel in the center, the worse place! It annoys too much.

This monitor is not cheap either.

But Samsung told me "1 pixel is not covered by our warranty" - is it even legal? It's like buying a new car with a flat tire because it has 3 more! 

How do they even get away with it legally?!

Is there anything I can do about it? Or just rant and be grumpy about it?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Liargoff said:

Hello,

I bought a Samsung C32G75TQSM and it has a stuck blue pixel in the center, the worse place! It annoys too much.

This monitor is not cheap either.

But Samsung told me "1 pixel is not covered by our warranty" - is it even legal? It's like buying a new car with a flat tire because it has 3 more! 

How do they even get away with it legally?!

Is there anything I can do about it? Or just rant and be grumpy about it?

Thanks!

i think a stuck pixel remover should fix the issue.

1 minute ago, WickedThunder86 said:

i think a stuck pixel remover should fix the issue.

I just looked it up after you wrote it and found a website called JScreenFix for example - looks like old CRT TVs when they had no signal - is that it? When I will be near the monitor I will test it thank you!

3 minutes ago, Liargoff said:

I just looked it up after you wrote it and found a website called JScreenFix for example - looks like old CRT TVs when they had no signal - is that it? When I will be near the monitor I will test it thank you!

Yes. It causes very fast activity in pixels and should remove the problem.

3 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Yes. It causes very fast activity in pixels and should remove the problem.

Thanks, is there an amount of time I should leave the square over the dead pixel?

Thanks, is there an amount of time I should leave the square over the dead pixel?

In my opinion 3-4 hours. If that doesn`t work leave it overnight.

18 minutes ago, WickedThunder86 said:

In my opinion 3-4 hours. If that doesn`t work leave it overnight.

Yes, this could fix it. Good suggestion. But if it doesn't help there is nothing to do but claim warranty support.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

22 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Yes, this could fix it. Good suggestion. But if it doesn't help there is nothing to do but claim warranty support.

If the warranty (it's a Samsung importer) in my country will just ignore u and say no warranty.. any other place I can send support request? Maybe global Samsung somehow?

1 hour ago, Liargoff said:

Remember a stuck pixel is much worse than a dead pixel. It seems Dell would replace it's premium line monitors in that case.

Did you communicate clearly with the support ?

I doubt the remover will succeed

Edit : I'm not vouching for that pdf file

SamsungPixelpolicy.pdf

I'm willing to swim against the current.

1 hour ago, leclod said:

Remember a stuck pixel is much worse than a dead pixel. It seems Dell would replace it's premium line monitors in that case.

SamsungPixelpolicy.pdf 63.12 kB · 0 downloads

I've had a stuck pixel once that was fixed by the remover. But that pixel wasn't stuck out of the box. It became stuck some time after use.

At least you have a chance to maybe recover it. A dead pixel straight up can't be fixed without replacing the entire panel.

Can you maybe just send it back for a refund instead of claiming warranty?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, leclod said:

SamsungPixelpolicy.pdf 63.12 kB · 0 downloads

Support said only more than 7 pixels are under warranty, so my last chance is that remover.

Support are shit there, definitely not willing to help.. well they got your money.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

I've had a stuck pixel once that was fixed by the remover. But that pixel wasn't stuck out of the box. It became stuck some time after use.

At least you have a chance to maybe recover it. A dead pixels straight up can't be fixed without replacing the entire panel.

Can you maybe just send it back for a refund instead of claiming warranty?

Exactly - it was not out of the box! it happened after 1 month. That's why no refund, so only warranty was my option. Wish there was some way to kill more pixels haha. I will try to use the remover as it's the only option I have.

Support said only more than 7 pixels are under warranty, so my last chance is that remover.

Support are shit there, definitely not willing to help.. well they got your money.

Exactly - it was not out of the box! it happened after 1 month. That's why no refund, so only warranty was my option. Wish there was some way to kill more pixels haha. I will try to use the remover as it's the only option I have.

Imo on a high-end monitor anything more than 0 dead pixels is too much. Come to think of it, i wouldn't even accept a dead pixel on a $100 monitor. Especially right in the center...

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Imo on a high-end monitor anything more than 0 dead pixels is too much. Come to think of it, i wouldn't even accept a dead pixel on a $100 monitor. Especially right in the center...

Samsung support giggled the second time I explained them I need help and even though it's 1 pixel, it's an expensive monitor and in the center.

The woman there giggled at me saying "yea sorry we can't do anything".

I really think about going to court. Why can they get away with that? Because they're a giant corporation? There should be some law to defend customers more...

Wow I still can't believe this can happen!

Do you guys have a phone or email of higher level support? Maybe global? I keep getting redirected to my country's Samsung website when I try to find anything else

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Most monitors have dead subpixels even high end ones.

this is not a problem, a few tiny dark dots in an ocean of light. If you didn't know you wouldn't notice

But Stuck pixels, that's a problem

2 hours ago, Liargoff said:

Again,

Remember a stuck (bright) pixel is much worse than a dead (dark) pixel. That 7 pixel rule applies for dead (dark) subpixels.

I found that, rather easily with google.

Sans titre.png

1 hour ago, leclod said:

Most monitors have dead subpixels even high end ones.

this is not a problem, a few tiny dark dots in an ocean of light. If you didn't know you wouldn't notice

But Stuck pixels, that's a problem

Again,

Remember a stuck (bright) pixel is much worse than a dead (dark) pixel. That 7 pixel rule applies for dead (dark) subpixels.

I found that, rather easily with google.

Sans titre.png

this is from 2005? you think it's still relevant?

Also, I don't understand why they have a table about bright sub-pixels, but then at the bottom they write specific model that are applied to "Zero Bright Pixel" warranty..?

Also, I don't understand why they have a table about bright sub-pixels, but then at the bottom they write specific model that are applied to "Zero Bright Pixel" warranty..?

I have no idea, usually quality improves not decreases.

I also have no idea if your specific device is concerned. Check your packaging ?

Those "more than 7 pixels" are featured anyway, see <=8.

I guess Zero Bright Pixel makes more sense for a large audience than Zero Bright Subpixel

Your stuck pixel is a subpixel

Edit : Also I found this :

Pixels may not be dead, but stuck instead. Revive them by placing a microfiber cloth on the bad pixel spot and gently hold the cloth in place with your thumb. Activate the television's power supply and see if this doesn't correct the problem.

Ok I just contacted Samsung US support by live chat.  They told me even 1 bright pixel is covered by warranty.

But they told me there are different policies in different countries? WTF?

My monitor is garbage with this pixel! How can they decide different policies? this is .. it gets worse and worse 😠

Also I found this twice (doesn't make much sense but...) :

Pixels may not be dead, but stuck instead. Revive them by placing a microfiber cloth on the bad pixel spot and gently hold the cloth in place with your thumb. Activate the television's power supply and see if this doesn't correct the problem.

5 minutes ago, leclod said:

Also I found this :

I tried everything! really, even that, even an eraser and all sort of stuff

It seems like a deeper issue. Like.. something really damaged there

6 minutes ago, Liargoff said:

Ok I just contacted Samsung US support by live chat.  They told me even 1 bright pixel is covered by warranty.

But they told me there are different policies in different countries? WTF?

My monitor is garbage with this pixel! How can they decide different policies? this is .. it gets worse and worse 😠

So your country isn't covered ?

3 minutes ago, leclod said:

So your country isn't covered ?

The US support didn't have information about my country, but well.. my country support told me their policy and according to them it's not covered.

But it feels like they're doing what ever they want.. (US - yes.. my country - not...)

5 minutes ago, Liargoff said:

The US support didn't have information about my country, but well.. my country support told me their policy and according to them it's not covered.

But it feels like they're doing what ever they want.. (US - yes.. my country - not...)

I don't want to bother you but you didn't answer,

Did you communicate clearly with your support ? if they only anwered with the 7 than they didn't understand you

Send them a picture ?

2 hours ago, leclod said:

I don't want to bother you but you didn't answer,

Did you communicate clearly with your support ? if they only anwered with the 7 than they didn't understand you

Send them a picture ?

You're not bothering I enjoy your communication and help. I sent them photo indeed. They still told me in general warranty is only related to number of damaged pixels (i.e dead or stuck).

I just didn't notice that you asked it earlier

13 hours ago, Liargoff said:

Update: Guys does this look like 1 stuck pixel? Or perhaps it's a bunch of grouped pixels and it's actually about 7 or more?

stuck_pixell.thumb.jpg.992a52607ce522a720355b212b924d6b.jpg

Get a magnifying glass 

It seems to me your support guy doesn't know. If one's not familliar with the problem he might miss it.

Maybe that guy could ask another guy for the right answer.

Maybe you could send them that chart I found and emphasize Dark pixel is not equal Bright pixel.

Where do you live ?

I'd try to ask Samsung Korea directly if they don't move. Tell them you will.

Edit : this doesn't seem possible, I didn't find any toggle for English