I get this artifacts while watching this video, is my monitor in a bad state?

DanWhite
Go to solution Solved by Helpful Tech Witch,

This isnt artifacting. It's a screen tear, caused by when the frame is being sent to the the monitor and the whole thing isn't there when the refresh hits. 

So the top part of the image is the newest frame, the bottom a older frame.

It can be fixed by turning on vsync in the game settings.

In the video, its the recording, and on the end of the person who is playing the game.

For some reason while watching this video I get this glitches/artifacts https://gyazo.com/cf549911f66dfc43f32a56569af4dac3 while it doesn't seem to happen with all the videos, though with fast movements or something

I think I got similar glitches while playing league of legends in like a line in the middle of the screen, do you have any idea of what could it be? my pc is a laptop and is the dell precision m6600

It does not happen with all the videos, I just confirmed it

This isnt artifacting. It's a screen tear, caused by when the frame is being sent to the the monitor and the whole thing isn't there when the refresh hits. 

In the video, its the recording, and on the end of the person who is playing the game.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

"In the video, its the recording, and on the end of the person who is playing the game" what does that even mean

Then do you see the same screen tearing? its not only me?

2 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

"In the video, its the recording, and on the end of the person who is playing the game" what does that even mean

Then do you see the same screen tearing? its not only me?

In the video, it's the recording, and it's on the end of the parson playing the game.

Its a propperly worded sentence.

The screen tearing is on the recording uploaded to youtube, so everyone will see it.

To fix it for the games you play, turn on vsync in the game settings.

You can't fix it for the recording.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

In the video, it's the recording, and it's on the end of the parson playing the game.

Its a propperly worded sentence.

The screen tearing is on the recording uploaded to youtube, so everyone will see it.

To fix it for the games you play, turn on vsync in the game settings.

You can't fix it for the recording.

Still don't understand what this means "and it's on the end of the parson playing the game.", I'm spanish native, and ok thank you

Just now, DanWhite said:

Still don't understand what this means "and it's on the end of the parson playing the game.", I'm spanish native, and ok thank you

Oh, that might have caused the issue

By that, I mean that the tearing has nothing to do with you, it's the fault of the person who did the recording, not you.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Oh, that might have caused the issue

By that, I mean that the tearing has nothing to do with you, it's the fault of the person who did the recording, not you.

Ah I see, thanks