Can my pc run on 500w psu

ohStony

So I have a 500w max psu and on the back it says there are two different switches for the power output it is currently on 110w and it can go to 500w so when I am on the 110w option my pc will shut off at random times when playing games like valorant,cod,fortnight etc so would it be harmful for me to change it to 500w

system info

Mother board: a68hm e33 v2 

ram: 8gb crucial

gpu: gt710 **I got it for 20usd dont bully me**

cpu: AMD A10 5800b apu

psu: arrow 500w max

cooling: 1 exhaust fan 1 cpu fan 

500w PSU is overkill for your system.

1 minute ago, ohStony said:

So I have a 500w max psu and on the back it says there are two different switches for the power output it is currently on 110w and it can go to 500w so when I am on the 110w option my pc will shut off at random times when playing games like valorant,cod,fortnight etc so would it be harmful for me to change it to 500w

That's not 110 watts switch. That's 110 Volts.

The switch is for setting what your input voltage is from your house mains power. You need to set it to match your voltage. If you're in America you'll need to set it to 110v, if you're in Europe, Asia, Australia you'll need to set it to 230V

Those voltage switches are only on really old or really crappy power supplies. You should replace the PSU.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

That's not 110 watts switch. That's 110 Volts.

The switch is for setting what your input voltage is from your house mains power. You need to set it to match your voltage. If you're in America you'll need to set it to 110v, if you're in Europe, Asia, Australia you'll need to set it to 230V

Those voltage switches are only on really old or really crappy power supplies. You should replace the PSU.

From what I can find of arrow psu's the verdict is is that they are the usually ancient garbage.

Remove the GT 710 and use the much faster igpu.

Arrow 500w is not a 500w PSU, not even half of that. You need a new PSU like Corsair CV450. It's cheap and decent and a groupregulated unit is sufficient for a system with low powerconsumption.

Thank you all for you help I will get a new psu thanks.

29 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Remove the GT 710 and use the much faster igpu.

Arrow 500w is not a 500w PSU, not even half of that. You need a new PSU like Corsair CV450. It's cheap and decent and a groupregulated unit is sufficient for a system with low powerconsumption.

Before I had the gpu my apu would get maxed out at 100% the gpu takes a lot of stress off of the apu

9 hours ago, ohStony said:

Before I had the gpu my apu would get maxed out at 100% the gpu takes a lot of stress off of the apu

APU in itself is a graphics card. Run Geekbench compute test on your GT-710 and then your apu. And you will see that the iGPU will crush your GT 710. 

1 hour ago, WickedThunder86 said:

APU in itself is a graphics card. Run Geekbench compute test on your GT-710 and then your apu. And you will see that the iGPU will crush your GT 710. 

Stop leading the OP on.  They have a "Arrow 500w" which is an absolute garbage 250W PSU (in reality) and is made by a company that can duck into the woods if anyone wanted to sue them for burning their house down.

2 hours ago, WickedThunder86 said:

That’s not what I mean the apu will get floored just playing Minecraft without the gpu taking the stress off of it and I have multiple applications running like discord,voicemeeter,Spotify,etc while playing video games

5 hours ago, ohStony said:

I have multiple applications running like discord,voicemeeter,Spotify,etc while playing video games

That's to much for a quadcore cpu with dramatic low IPC.