kingston ssd 120 gb $65

Dontbeoffened

low price for low quality.

How is that low quality? It's an SSD, which makes it by definition like 10x faster than any HDD. 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

the Micron flash they've been using is certainly better than a HDD disk, but it's not as fast as Sandisk or Samsung flash

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

How is that low quality? It's an SSD, which makes it by definition like 10x faster than any HDD. 

Yeah it's not "low quality" it's just a little slower with incompressable data

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Yeah it's not "low quality" it's just a little slower with incompressable data

No doubt, but in real world scenarios the difference between that and a high end SSD is probably hardly noticeable. Unlike the difference between that and an HDD. I think it's a great deal if you need a boot drive for a somewhat budget system.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

just thought id let people know who dont have money for an intel 730 ssd like and ssd is an ssd its faster then any hdd 

low price for low quality.

It's not low quality, what are you on about?

Anyway it's not as fast as other SSD's but it gets the job done. I would get atleast an Evo or something if you really want fastness.

Cheese

the Micron flash they've been using is certainly better than a HDD disk, but it's not as fast as Sandisk or Samsung flash

^^^

If you're gonna get an ssd then get a good one for $20 more.

You're a troll.

It's not low quality, what are you on about?

Anyway it's not as fast as other SSD's but it gets the job done. I would get atleast an Evo or something if you really want fastness.

Am I the only one who remembers that Kingston changed the flash on the V300's not too long ago. Our God Linus has even stopped recommending them (watch the recent Kaveri build for example).

who cares if its not as fast as other ssd it is still fast and it is ok cos it is so cheep 

great deal

:D

These SSDs are fine for day-to-day use.  The only area where this brand of SSD fails is in large file transfers, which the majority of people do not do.  For your regular day-to-day tasks, this SSD is fine.  I have one, and my computer goes from off to on and running programs in 8-10 seconds.  Unless you are transferring large files very often, this SSD is perfectly fine.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

No doubt, but in real world scenarios the difference between that and a high end SSD is probably hardly noticeable. Unlike the difference between that and an HDD. I think it's a great deal if you need a boot drive for a somewhat budget system.

who cares if its not as fast as other ssd it is still fast and it is ok cos it is so cheep 

great deal

:D

These SSDs are fine for day-to-day use.  The only area where this brand of SSD fails is in large file transfers, which the majority of people do not do.  For your regular day-to-day tasks, this SSD is fine.  I have one, and my computer goes from off to on and running programs in 8-10 seconds.  Unless you are transferring large files very often, this SSD is perfectly fine.

The ssd is literally half the speed of what it was before. That is pretty noticeable...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

the boot times on an SSD are unbelieveable. i upgraded this weekend to a 840 EVO 250 gb, and it blows me away. i bet it would nearly the same if i would have switched to this ssd, kingston SSD's arent low quality.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

The ssd is literally half the speed of what it was before. That is pretty noticeable...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

Yes, but for LARGE file transfers.  Are you transferring 1000's of MBs of data regularly?  Likely not.  If you want peace of mind, by all means, spend more money for a better SSD with higher rated speeds.  Just remember, these rated speeds are for LARGE file transfers.  In day-to-day use, it will be indistinguishable. 

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Yes, but for LARGE file transfers.  Are you transferring 100's of MBs of data regularly?  Likely not.  If you want peace of mind, by all means, spend more money for a better SSD with higher rated speeds.  Just remember, these rated speeds are for LARGE file transfers.  In day-to-day use, it will be indistinguishable. 

100 MB? Yeah I do. 100 MB is not that big at all and you just can't assume small file transfers aren't affected.

100 MB? Yeah I do. 100 MB is not that big at all and you just can't assume small file transfers aren't affected.

Meant to be 1000(One-Thousand)  Well good for you!  You seem to be happy with your product, and I am very happy with my product.

• 3 weeks later...

KINGSTON CHANGED TO SLOWER FLASH WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE

There's numerous links to the Anandtech article so I won't post it again. Yes, SSDs are fasty fast and some are faster than others and incompressible Vs compressible data is an issue but, to reiterate:

KINGSTON CHANGED TO SLOWER FLASH WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE

I have a strawpoll on the subject

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 | 2500k | 16GB Geil 1866 | Seasonic g360 | Windforce GTX660 | SSDs: 250GB 840 + 2x240GB m500 Striped | Spinners: 640GB 2.5" + 2x2TB Mirrored

QFR : TKStealth : Noctua : Abyssus : Nostromo : Dell & Asus screens on my Lavolta Triple

7 is my main OS + several VMs on my 500GB SSD Stripe