Samsung 970 evo plus driver issues

Hi there
I bought a new 970 evo plus 2TB m.2 NVMe drive. When I installed it into my main system (in my profile), I could configure it easily enough into a drive. The problem came when I tried to install samsungs drivers on it. And when looking at samsung magician, it does not detect neither of my m.2 drives (I have a pre-existing 970 plus 500gb). After a lot of messages with the correct samsung tech support email, the person on the other end said that my system had detected the 2 TB drive as a USB-device. And followed by saying: "

Please check with Microsoft the settings together, it seems the SSD detected ans USB device. "

It was at this also, that I realised that my 500Gb boot drive was neither running with samsungs drivers. Althought it appears as a 970 evo plus in my task manager. The new 2 TB drive appears only as a microsoft storage device.

Any ideas on how I could get this solved?
I could contact the retailer, but at this point samsung´ s support was not great. 

I can't give you a solution to your problem, but you don't need drivers for your SSDs. They are plug any play devices.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

^ That.  Plug in the drive, and it works.

There is no software needed to use your drive.  

If you're curious about your SSDs health status?  "Crystal Disk Info" is your go-to.  It'll tell you /anything/ you want to know. 

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I can't give you a solution to your problem, but you don't need drivers for your SSDs. They are plug any play devices.

Well, yes and no

They work, but aren't as fast nor efficent

4 hours ago, FinOxy said:

Well, yes and no

They work, but aren't as fast nor efficent

At least with SSD's that's actually not how it works.

Sure, you might want the latest drivers for GPU, Chipset, BIOS and maybe a sound card but that's about it. Not every component needs drivers to work as intended.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:46 AM, Stahlmann said:

At least with SSD's that's actually not how it works.

Sure, you might want the latest drivers for GPU, Chipset, BIOS and maybe a sound card but that's about it. Not every component needs drivers to work as intended.

Well

Does windows drivers support and run NVMe 1.3?

That is a seperate driver, I think