IGPU + Graphics card

Aidanlockett1

In my BIOS, there is an option to use IGPU and dedicated graphics. I have a 970 and a 11400 I5, almost all games I play are GPU limited. I only see about 30 to 50 percent CPU usage In most games. (at 1080p). If I used the integrated graphics alongside my 970 could I see any kind of feasible performance gain? or would it just be like very poor sli/no effect at all?

You can't use the integrated graphics "alongside" the 970. You pick one or the other.

Years ago AMD had certain APU's and certain low-end graphics cards that would work together in Crossfire. Performance was mostly still abysmal and this idea has long since been dropped. There has never been anything comparable for Intel and Nvidia as far as I'm aware. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

the 970 and igpu will not work together for a performance gain. they will both just individually run

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

The option really just exists to disable the integrated GPU when using a graphics card.

The iGPU only outputs video over the motherboard's display outputs and the graphics card only over its own outputs.

You could however, if you have a second monitor, connect that monitor to your motherboard and have your primary monitor connected to the graphics card. This can yield a slight performance increase. 

At one point I used iGPU on my 8700k when i didn't have the right connectors for all my displays on my Vega 64. I was able to use it for video display out, for non gaming things alongside my Vega 64.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

54 minutes ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

If I used the integrated graphics alongside my 970 could I see any kind of feasible performance gain?

nope, you cant use them together to increase gaming fps

but you can use them together to do different things on each of them

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately