3000€ budget pc for a buddy.

Disclaimer: I already started this topic once yesterday but i didn't got any useful input. 

A fellow of mine (he studys psychology with me) wants a new pc and i will save him from the Alienware junk. The budget is 3000€. I have a copy of Windows 8.1 left over. I will give it to him. He already has a PA279Q (1440p IPS...). I'm located in germany. He wants the PC to silent. Very so. And yet be able to run everything on ultra. 

What i came up with

1 x Western Digital WD Green 4TB, SATA 6Gb/s (WD40EZRX)

Total: 2913€. 

The build will be overclocked. Nothing insane tho. 

Any recommendations? Use www.geizhals.de to make a list. (It's like pcpartpicker.de in better and i acctually works.) 

Main usage will be gaming.  And web browsing. Some editing here and there but nothing that would make me go for an hexa-core. 

Thanks. I want this to be a proper rig. If i screw up my rig by buying bad parts that's ok. If i screw up another persons rig i'm fucked. 

One thing i need to add is that i need recommendation for a fan controller that can controll 6 fans with pwm.  I will be ordering the parts today. 

1TB SSD...damn.Looks good,and that overkill PSU...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

pls repost so night theme can read

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

will the dark rock pro work with those high ram?

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

To be 100% honest, based on what they are looking for aside from trying to switch the fans to noctua for ultimate silence, that is a good system, as far as i can personally tell it will perform its function and is about as overkill as it gets :)

Yours

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

Maybe save a few bucks on the motherboard and go to a Maximus Hero? Other than that the build looks great nearly what I want to build!

CPU: i7 3770k @4.5Ghz 1.26v Cooler: H100i 2 Sp120 Quiets MoBo: MSI Z77 MPOWER Big Bang RAM: 16GB G.Skill Sniper 2133Mhz CL9 Graphics Card: Asus Direct CU II R9 290 Storage: Vertex 4 128GB, WD Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Green

To be 100% honest, based on what they are looking for aside from trying to switch the fans to noctua for ultimate silence, that is a good system, as far as i can personally tell it will perform its function and is about as overkill as it gets :)

Yours

Sir DrowHunter

noctua? ultimate silence? u wat mate

I would say get a EVGA 1000 p2 instead, much better PSU. And can be nearly 100% passive depending on what type of airflow is in the case.

I recommend 780 SLI instead, 780 TI sli isn't worth it IMO, when you hit that 3gb vram limit with 780 SLI, you'll still be 60+ fps, 780 TI sli won't benefit any extra.

If he's only doing some editting, 16gb is more than enough.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Drop the 32GB's of ram to 16. Go for two 256GB SSD's and put them in raid 0 and a 2TB HDD with them. Go for two GTX 780's over 1 780TI. Drop the 1000W PSU and got for a 850W from seasonic or a 750W from them as well will do fine. If you want you can also go for LGA 2011 and still stay in budget but their's no point in doing that really.

pls repost so night theme can read

If you mark it you should be able to read it tho. 

Drop the 32GB's of ram to 16. Go for two 256GB SSD's and put them in raid 0 and a 2TB HDD with them. Go for two GTX 780's over 1 780TI. Drop the 1000W PSU and got for a 850W from seasonic or a 750W from them as well will do fine. If you want you can also go for LGA 2011 and still stay in budget but their's no point in doing that really.

You didn't read carefully enough. 1. I'm not building this for me. I will not deal with the problems of raid for him. I will not go to his place everyday to fix it. 2. There are already 2 780ti's in there. 3 I know. Just for the E-peen. 4. Nah... 

will the dark rock pro work with those high ram?

Yes it will be close but it will. It's 41mm max and they mesure 40.2 mm. 

Yes it will be close but it will. It's 41mm max and they mesure 40.2 mm. 

nice of the makers to make a tower that can actually be used with todays normal ram :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Yours

Sir DrowHunter

Thanks :) I kinda don't want to kill the aesthetics with the Noctuas... Also be quiet! Isn't fooling around when it comes to silence. 

In answer to the earlier comment, Noctua fans are renown for being one of the quietest fans on the market, i was implying using them for that reason, if this build is for silences sake that would be my suggestion. 

Yours

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

I would get a smaller SSD and HDD and get SLI two 780ti with that budget. I don't even need 400GB of storage for 1000s of hours of movies, music random programs...I wouldn't spend that much, the performance gain is so low and you are overpaying!

Thanks :) I kinda don't want to kill the aesthetics with the Noctuas... Also be quiet! Isn't fooling around when it comes to silence. 

I would agree that is the only problem, they do somewhat kill the looks, but again i have heard the same about be quiets being very quiet themselves, just something to bare in mind, just in case you are able to silence the system even more  :P

Freelancing Since 2012

I would get a smaller SSD and HDD and get SLI two 780ti with that budget. I don't even need 400GB of storage for 1000s of hours of movies, music random programs...I wouldn't spend that much, the performance gain is so low and you are overpaying!

I know it's overkill. He knows it aswell. He doesn't care tho. Also look at the number that is in front of the 780ti.

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€279.90 @ Caseking) 

CPU Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (€74.90 @ Caseking) 

Motherboard:  Asus Z87-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€178.30 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€125.31 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (€208.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (€208.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Storage:  Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€108.90 @ Pixmania DE) 

Video Card:  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (€456.71 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Video Card:  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (€456.71 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Power Supply:  SeaSonic 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€172.20 @ Hardwareversand) 

Other: H440  (€109.89)

Total: €2380.62

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-02 20:18 CEST+0200)

I had to use PCPartPicker to set this up since I can't read in German. 

Maybe save a few bucks on the motherboard and go to a Maximus Hero? Other than that the build looks great nearly what I want to build!

But the looks  :P. Also the onboard sound seems to be a good buy. 

Disclaimer: I already started this topic once yesterday but i didn't got any useful input. 

A fellow of mine (he studys psychology with me) wants a new pc and i will save him from the Alienware junk. The budget is 3000€. I have a copy of Windows 8.1 left over. I will give it to him. He already has a PA279Q (1440p IPS...). I'm located in germany. He wants the PC to silent. Very so. And yet be able to run everything on ultra. 

What i came up with

1 x Western Digital WD Green 4TB, SATA 6Gb/s (WD40EZRX)

Total: 2913€. 
The build will be overclocked. Nothing insane tho. 

Any recommendations? Use www.geizhals.de to make a list. (It's like pcpartpicker.de in better and i acctually works.) 

Main usage will be gaming.  And web browsing. Some editing here and there but nothing that would make me go for an hexa-core. 

Thanks. I want this to be a proper rig. If i screw up my rig by buying bad parts that's ok. If i screw up another persons rig i'm fucked. 

One thing i need to add is that i need recommendation for a fan controller that can controll 6 fans with pwm.  I will be ordering the parts today. 

FOR A BUDDY!?

I wish someone would build i pc to me:(

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

FOR A BUDDY!?

I wish someone would build i pc to me:(

He is paying it lol. I'm just saving him from the alienware junk. 

You didn't read carefully enough. 1. I'm not building this for me. I will not deal with the problems of raid for him. I will not go to his place everyday to fix it. 2. There are already 2 780ti's in there. 3 I know. Just for the E-peen. 4. Nah... 

Raid on SSD's have no problems. Raid by it's self really has no problems... Just put it in raid and install windows. Done. Also go for two 780's over two 780TI's still and have him get like two more monitors for a better experience all around. 

Really, 780TI's are kinda a gimic right now for price to performance. You can say all he wants "Price doesn't matter" Price always matter, if you can save money, why not save it?

Raid on SSD's have no problems. Raid by it's self really has no problems... Just put it in raid and install windows. Done. Also go for two 780's over two 780TI's still and have him get like two more monitors for a better experience all around. 

Really, 780TI's are kinda a gimic right now for price to performance. You can say all he wants "Price doesn't matter" Price always matter, if you can save money, why not save it?

Wrong. I have an Ultrabook and uses 128gb ssd's in Raid 0. It's terrible. And the monitor is 700€ ea. So that ain't happening. Also i know. But i don't care. Nor does he. 

Wrong. I have an Ultrabook and uses 128gb ssd's in Raid 0. It's terrible. And the monitor is 700€ ea. So that ain't happening. Also i know. But i don't care. Nor does he. 

3 monitors doesn't mean it has to be the same monitors, he could get some Korean 1440P monitors and they will look good enough for two panels on the left and right with the nice monitor in the center. Also an ultrabook in raid compared to a proper computer in raid are two different things, they will use different controllers, different SSD's, and many more variables. On a desktop, now, raid 0, 1, and 5 are all safe for SSD's and pretty hassle free. Hell i'm on LGA 775 and have two HDD's in raid 0 and don't have a problem with them at all, and they are two different drives with different storage sizes.