Should i upgrade RTX 3080 to 6900 Xt ?

Tadziunia

Hey guys, there is possibility to upgrade my 3080 to 6900 XT for 100eur more. I paid 1240eur for my 3080 in the beginning of the year, that was a lot, but in my country normal price for 700$ msrp cards would be around 900eur anyway without this shortage. And now cards are more expensive. I put ad on internet that i would swap my card to RTX 3090 with 500eur extra or 6900XT for 100eur extra, and somebody with new AMD card wants to swap it for that 100eur.

Guys give me reasons why i should upgrade? should i upgrade at all? does it worth that 100eur extra ? and reasons why i shouldn't trade or swap my card ? PS recently i changed thermal pads on my GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC Recently, i didn't mined at all but still wanted to keep memory cool, after change my vram isn't going more than 70c instead of 100-105c. So please guys give me reasons why i should or shouldn't do this trade. Anything is appreciated!

Honestly, it really just depends on what your financial situation is and if your cpu is good enough.

5 minutes ago, That One Kid said:

Honestly, it really just depends on what your financial situation is and if your cpu is good enough.

i have R7 5800X

Just now, Tadziunia said:

i have R7 5800X

ehh. I'd say you're fine with what you got. There would be no point in upgrading until further down the line in my opinion.

Depending on what you do it can also be a downgrade in many ways like for streaming or work for example. 

The difference in performance is not that big anyways. 

If you stream or do any 3d rendering/video rendering, I'd stick with the 3080.

Wouldnt the Question be...

These _______ are games I play... Which GPU is better?

Factor in GPU technologies you use...

I doubt I'd switch up from something still great/useful to its near alternative.

IE I uograde when the upgrade % delta is larger..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz