Cpu for 3080

Go to solution Solved by Mister Woof,
1 minute ago, lior1111 said:

alright , im going to try and overclock my ram now with linus video from corsair lab. anything to worry about damaging my system? or worst case scenario is only ram sticks damage?
(going to go through all the precautions explained in that video)

There's always some risk to components, and Intel officially states memory overclocking voids warranties (although xmp satisfies that anyway) but usually it just won't post or will crash, and you have to go back to default settings and try again with different settings.

I think 2666 is relatively reasonable.

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

It can be a bit tricky and if it fails you might have to reset your CMOS - but just change the memory multiplier to 26 and let the memory train from there. You can do your own timings, but it's not necessarily easy to do.

As far as this game, I think it's just trash. This user here reports having a 3060 with a 3600 and getting 10% GPU utilization....that's ridiculous.

I still don't really think this is a hardware issue as much as it is that the game just sucks at utilizing it properly.

yeah in warzone ive watched pretty much all benchmarks on youtube , no matter the gpu you have , you need to have like at least a 10600-10700 to run it well. for some reason according to the benchmarks it is cpu-heavy

yeah in warzone ive watched pretty much all benchmarks on youtube , no matter the gpu you have , you need to have like at least a 10600-10700 to run it well. for some reason according to the benchmarks it is cpu-heavy

I don't buy it - 10600 vs 8700 is minimal difference 

There's also lots of stories I've read about content patches tanking performance.

So depending on the date of the benchmarks you're referencing, it won't be accurate anymore.

Generally the 8700 is faster than the 3600 in almost all games, and yet here we are with people reporting bad performance with 3600s as well, if not worse.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

I don't buy it - 10600 vs 8700 is minimal difference 

There's also lots of stories I've read about content patches tanking performance.

So depending on the date of the benchmarks you're referencing, it won't be accurate anymore.

Generally the 8700 is faster than the 3600 in almost all games, and yet here we are with people reporting bad performance with 3600s as well, if not worse.

alright , im going to try and overclock my ram now with linus video from corsair lab. anything to worry about damaging my system? or worst case scenario is only ram sticks damage?

There's always some risk to components, and Intel officially states memory overclocking voids warranties (although xmp satisfies that anyway) but usually it just won't post or will crash, and you have to go back to default settings and try again with different settings.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

5 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Alright, i tried one step above. I think it was like 2566. Will update

Couldnt find how to increase voltage though for now

23 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

for now 2666 seems stable and i think it did actually improve fps a little bit , i want to thank you very much! at least i learned something new today from you 🙂

also i must say , i dont know if i should feel it or if its psychological , but it feels like my pc is acting quicker in general while browsing windows.

I guess that i will try to fix every game individually and if it really annoys me in one particular game i will try and upgrade cpu. bf 2042 incoming 🙂 

thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

another last update. pc feels faster , and on some maps battlefield works alot better. thank you 🙂