Minecraft startup script help (english)

LittleCham
Go to solution Solved by wanderingfool2,
On 6/13/2021 at 10:57 AM, Sauron said:

If you're on wifi then you can make it so Windows automatically reconnects to the network as soon as the wifi adapter is available - just check the "Connect automatically" box. If you're on wired you don't even need to set that up, it happens automatically.

I don't know about minecraft, but I've come across a few programs that would fail to load if the internet connection started working after the program was launched.

On 6/13/2021 at 10:52 AM, LittleCham said:

I'm using windows 10 but I would like a script that could also check other things like making sure internet is connected. So I don't have to go to it and connect to internet anytime my computer restarts. 

You can try a batch file, and putting it in the startup folder (which gets run automatically)

e.g.

@echo off

:CheckInternet
REM Calling Ping, where ping waits for 5 seconds
REM Ping will set errorlevel 1 if its not connected
REM If no internet if found, try finding it again (so it repeats checking about every 30 seconds, until you stop it or it finds a connection)
REM if connection is found goto the launchProgram
echo Attempting to find internet connection
ping www.google.com -n 1 -w 1000

if errorlevel 1 (
TIMEOUT /T 30
goto CheckInternet )
if errorlevel 0 ( goto LaunchProgram )

:LaunchProgram
echo Launching program
[PUT YOUR LAUNCH CODE HERE...something like C:\MineCraft\start.exe]

pause

Hello, I am looking for a script I can make so If my computer turns off or restarts it automatically starts my Minecraft server and if possible makes sure internet is connected before it starts. I am a noob when it comes to scripting I'm used to HTML code.

What operating system are you using? This shouldn't require any scripting, just either adding a shortcut to the autostart folder in Windows (assuming it's not already in the autostart list) or enabling a systemd service if you're on Linux.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

19 minutes ago, Sauron said:

What operating system are you using? This shouldn't require any scripting, just either adding a shortcut to the autostart folder in Windows (assuming it's not already in the autostart list) or enabling a systemd service if you're on Linux.

I'm using windows 10 but I would like a script that could also check other things like making sure internet is connected. So I don't have to go to it and connect to internet anytime my computer restarts. 

2 minutes ago, LittleCham said:

If you're on wifi then you can make it so Windows automatically reconnects to the network as soon as the wifi adapter is available - just check the "Connect automatically" box. If you're on wired you don't even need to set that up, it happens automatically.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 6/13/2021 at 10:57 AM, Sauron said:

I don't know about minecraft, but I've come across a few programs that would fail to load if the internet connection started working after the program was launched.

On 6/13/2021 at 10:52 AM, LittleCham said:

You can try a batch file, and putting it in the startup folder (which gets run automatically)

e.g.

@echo off

:CheckInternet
REM Calling Ping, where ping waits for 5 seconds
REM Ping will set errorlevel 1 if its not connected
REM If no internet if found, try finding it again (so it repeats checking about every 30 seconds, until you stop it or it finds a connection)
REM if connection is found goto the launchProgram
echo Attempting to find internet connection
ping www.google.com -n 1 -w 1000

if errorlevel 1 (
TIMEOUT /T 30
goto CheckInternet )
if errorlevel 0 ( goto LaunchProgram )

:LaunchProgram
echo Launching program
[PUT YOUR LAUNCH CODE HERE...something like C:\MineCraft\start.exe]

pause

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef