Black Screen on Samsung Phones

Isaac Foster

hello, so this phone is 1 year old, its a SAMSUNG Galaxy A51, so here is the story, i am watching youtube, everything is normal, then, it froze, then i tried to force restart it, then its on the startup thingy (It shows SAMSUNG Galaxy A51 Secured By Knox) and its black screen,  i heard the sounds like the Charge Sound Effect, Samsung Notification Sound, etc. Is this a software issue?? 

Please i need my phone because i will be on a trip tmr.

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

Before you do that...

When you turn it off and connect it to the charger, does it show the battery charging screen? Does it always show that or does it just disappear after a certain time without re-appearing upon pressing a button?

i have a samsung A41 and it does that sometimes , way to fix it is indeed to put it on the charger, then "turn it on" and remove from charger, then it'll boot - but can still take up to 10 minutes or so. To me that seems clearly a bug in the otherwise also absolutely awful "Samsung OS" (basically they hacked Android to make it slow and sluggish and unreliable if I understand correctly)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

You're thinking of the almost 10 years old TouchWiz UI. Since they went to One UI that's definitely not true. My Galaxy A52 definitely doesn't exhibit said behaviour. It works perfectly fine.

Nope, this phone has "one UI" and its extremely  sluggish, in fact its slower (to open simple windows or apps etc) than my 10 year old Sony Xperia, also the screen is extremely  unresponsive, and it definitely does this thing where it simply wont boot unless you do the charger / power on trick. i never used "touchwiz" so i cant say anything about that.

Anyway OP should try what i said, that strangely works for me if its stuck on either  black screen or "secured by knox".

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 hours ago, Benji said:

Before you do that...

When you turn it off and connect it to the charger, does it show the battery charging screen? Does it always show that or does it just disappear after a certain time without re-appearing upon pressing a button?

Its says i am charging and my battery is at 100%.

8 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Nope, this phone has "one UI" and its extremely  sluggish, in fact its slower (to open simple windows or apps etc) than my 10 year old Sony Xperia, also the screen is extremely  unresponsive, and it definitely does this thing where it simply wont boot unless you do the charger / power on trick. i never used "touchwiz" so i cant say anything about that.

Anyway OP should try what i said, that strangely works for me if its stuck on either  black screen or "secured by knox".

My OneUI sometimes stopped working lol, but when it says restarting OneUI its working perfectly fine.

11 hours ago, Benji said:

Yeah, so the display is apparently not the issue and it is actually the OS that may need to be reset.

You can do that with a shut-off device by pressing the volume up and power button simultaneously and releasing them once the Samsung logo shows up. That should open the recovery.

its still the same thing. Please help