Which one?

Hi,I am planning on getting a new pc.My old pc has a 2600x and a 2060 and I am planning on getting 5600x with 2060 or 3600 with 3060.I really don’t know which should I choose.So pls help me guys 

This is a slightly strange post. Why does your handle say you have a 3700x?

Is the choice between A) upgrading your CPU to a 5600x and keeping your 2060 or B) getting a 3600 and replacing the 2060 with a 3060?

You understand that with graphics card prices what they are there will be a vast gulf in how much money you spend between these two options, right?

If you are only/primarily gaming then the 3060 route is a better choice, assuming you are willing to pay for it. The 3600 is enough for gaming and gains from the 5600x will be marginal in most situations.

However, since we don't know why you want to upgrade, IE what "problem" you're trying to solve, it's difficult to give a meaningful answer.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Are you asking which model of 3060 is best price performance for you?  If so, In the current market availability can be more important than price/performance partially because prices vary so much. The 3060 is not top end, so In normal times it would be at what point is a 3060ti or a 3070 a better buy?  The problem is prices swing so wildly lately that it’s no longer possible to really tell.  In normal times it would a much easier to answer question.  Not knowing what is available to you or what you or what is being charged for what by whom, makes it effectively impossible. A slower card might cost more than a faster card right now.  Buying by model just doesn’t work atm.  All I can give are generalities.

As a general rule, hot rodded cards of any type tend to have lower price performance than other types but it’s not hard and fast.  The issue though is that if one needs a minimum level of performance a hot rodded card might get you there whereas a non hot rodded one might not. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

50 minutes ago, Randomgamerwith2600x said:

My old pc has a 2600x and a 2060 and I am planning on getting 5600x with 2060 or 3600 with 3060.I really don’t know which should I choose.

Your old PC is more than fine to be perfectly honest..

A 5600X and an RTX 3060 is a nice upgrade, don't get me wrong, but it's absolutely not worth the price/performance increase in 2021 @Randomgamerwith2600x..

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, Randomgamerwith2600x said:

Hi,I am planning on getting a new pc.My old pc has a 2600x and a 2060 and I am planning on getting 5600x with 2060 or 3600 with 3060.I really don’t know which should I choose.So pls help me guys 

if you could find those at msrp or even close to msrp then YES,

if you cant then it's absolutely not worth the price/performance increase in 2021

9 hours ago, Orian Pax said:

if you could find those at msrp or even close to msrp then YES,

if you cant then it's absolutely not worth the price/performance increase in 2021

Yeh I did found one at msrp

On 6/13/2021 at 9:16 AM, Randomgamerwith2600x said:

Yeh I did found one at msrp

Recheck plz.

And if it's MSRP then what are you waiting for would be my response??!!

(Considering you still want to change your pc specs)

The move for the last few months seems to be get a gpu in hand and then worry about the rest. And if it’s not in hand it doesn’t count.  A “great place in line” has gone up in smoke when manufacturers actually dump whole lines of cards in order to create a minutely different card at a much higher price.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.