what background should i use for a oled to help stop burn in or image retention

Smackaroy

hello i had some image retention on my laptop screen from my background luckily it wasn't permanent but im thinking of getting a oled as a second monitor and i would like to avoid permanent burn in. so what kind of background should i use to stop this color and contrast wise.   

Either something that is constantly moving around, or an entirely white or black one.

And then you also want to hide your desktop icons, otherwise those will burn in. But then again, the best thing would be to simply turn the screen off when not in use. Why would you even leave your desktop open for more than a few seconds? I rarely even see mine. I already forgot what wallpaper I even have 😛

RTINGS has a series of articles on burn in with TVs, and the tech is basically the same on laptops / monitors.

You will only get burn in after a looooong time.  

Your best trick to prevent burn in?  Turn off the screen after 15-30 minutes of inactivity in power settings.

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

Either something that is constantly moving around, or an entirely white or black one.

And then you also want to hide your desktop icons, otherwise those will burn in. But then again, the best thing would be to simply turn the screen off when not in use. Why would you even leave your desktop open for more than a few seconds? I rarely even see mine. I already forgot what wallpaper I even have 😛

I'll probably turn it off when not using good idea thanks