AMD/Windows 10 Pro Black Bars Issue.

So I just bought this Ryzen 3200G system. However after I booted it up, the display turned on like this, I tried everything to fix it. I tried to fix it using Windows settings and AMD software settings but nothing worked. The same methods worked everywhere else though, as I saw on YouTube videos. If anyone knows how to fix this please help me.

IMG_20210611_220751.jpg

IMG_20210611_220702.jpg

Tried going to your monitor's settings and set the ratio to "Wide"?

Change resolutoin to a correct one for the monitor.

Right click an empty spot on the desktop and then click "Display Settings" in there go for the recommend resolution.

Screenshot_189.png

Screenshot_190.png

If thats not it, check scaling settings in your Radeon software (not familiar with that sorry).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

17 hours ago, Murasaki said:

Tried going to your monitor's settings and set the ratio to "Wide"?

Thank you for offering a solution mate! I did try it however none of the scaling nor resolution settings help. Then I remembered I had not updated windows yet so yeah im trying to go from 1909 to 20h2 (this is a used computer so yeah). Thanks again mate!

17 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Right click an empty spot on the desktop and then click "Display Settings" in there go for the recommend resolution.

Screenshot_189.png

Screenshot_190.png

If thats not it, check scaling settings in your Radeon software (not familiar with that sorry).

Thank you very much for taking the time to give me some solutions to my problem mate! Unfortunately none of it worked nor did tweaking AMD software settings. After a while I actually decided to check windows update and saw that this isn't the most up to date version. So I think that is the problem, I'm currently updating as we speak from 1909 to 20h2 (W10 Pro). Hopefully that will fix it, I'll update you if it does. Thanks again mate!

On 6/11/2021 at 10:23 PM, HanZie82 said:

Screenshot_189.png

Screenshot_190.png

Well I finally fixed it!

20 hours ago, justanormalcomputeruser said:

Thank you for offering a solution mate! I did try it however none of the scaling nor resolution settings help. Then I remembered I had not updated windows yet so yeah im trying to go from 1909 to 20h2 (this is a used computer so yeah). Thanks again mate!

I did not realize that at first because I was running this on a tv but then i remembered what you said and went to "Scale" and then saw it had set itself to 4:3, so i set that to nature and now it's all okay. Thanks!

5 hours ago, justanormalcomputeruser said:

I did not realize that at first because I was running this on a tv but then i remembered what you said and went to "Scale" and then saw it had set itself to 4:3, so i set that to nature and now it's all okay. Thanks!

Thanks for reporting back. Glad you have fixxed it!

(Mark your comment as the answer so ppl can easily find if they have the same problem. 😉 )

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!