PC wont post on cold boot

Running at Ryzen 5 2600 with Tomohawk max. The CPU debug led always lights up when I boot the pc after a long time (few hours). The system won't post and the leds on the back of the motherboard stay lit. But if I just turn off/on the power switch at the wall and start the pc, it works like normal. 

I also added the Rx5700xt back into the system a month ago. It was causing similar problems many months back so I moved to an old nvidia gpu and experienced no issues. But when I got the 5700xt back, had no issues for the most part, until this boot issue now. Been using the 5700xt again for about a month.

So monsoons just arrived and I don't know if that has to do with anything.

Is something about to break?

18 minutes ago, G9XFTW said:

Running at Ryzen 5 2600 with Tomohawk max. The CPU debug led always lights up when I boot the pc after a long time (few hours). The system won't post and the leds on the back of the motherboard stay lit. But if I just turn off/on the power switch at the wall and start the pc, it works like normal. 

I also added the Rx5700xt back into the system a month ago. It was causing similar problems many months back so I moved to an old nvidia gpu and experienced no issues. But when I got the 5700xt back, had no issues for the most part, until this boot issue now. Been using the 5700xt again for about a month.

So monsoons just arrived and I don't know if that has to do with anything.

Is something about to break?

Graphics cards don't usually cause no POST or power-cycling issues. What system memory are you using? What speed? Are you running XMP/DOCP? From the symptoms you are describing sounds like the motherboard is failing to train the memory when first booting up.  

That being said, if you are getting a CPU debug LED to light up, there might be something going on with the motherboard itself. Try reseating the CPU and updating the BIOS if you have not done that already. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here