rx 5700xt mining settings help

hi everyone guys, ive got a rx 5700 xt gigabyte version with 3 fans and i started mining a couple of days ago on my gaming, i want to mine etherum but not heavily to use teh gpu 100% all the time since im using the pc during the aswell, so i need some settings to mine low not heavily impactfull on the gpu causei dont wanna risk on damaging it since its my only gpu (and gpus now goes for over 800 dollars) currently i am mining at 1300 mhz and 800 mv, clock at 1800 and power limit -40% and my vram temperatures gets high as 100 degrees celsius and i am really worried about it, gpu temp at 64 and junction 70 to 74, and im averaging 50 to 54 Mhashrate, can someone tell me some settings to lower the vram temp i dont mind losing some hashrate, or the thermal pads have gone wrong and i need to change them.
Thanks in advance

Just go into task manager Everytime you launch the miner, then click the details tab, and set all of the processes that have to do with mining to lowest priority by right click ing, selecting priority, and doing lowest.

Then keep core at stock, don't the maximum stable memory freq (which you will probably need to change when gaming), and reduce the power limit untill you loose hashrate (the put it back up a tad).

You can keep mining when gaming (just lower the mem clock a bit), as the game is prioritised.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Just go into task manager Everytime you launch the miner, then click the details tab, and set all of the processes that have to do with mining to lowest priority by right click ing, selecting priority, and doing lowest.

Then keep core at stock, don't the maximum stable memory freq (which you will probably need to change when gaming), and reduce the power limit untill you loose hashrate (the put it back up a tad).

You can keep mining when gaming (just lower the mem clock a bit), as the game is prioritised.

i already did it with the task manager and trying different settings clocks memory frequency and im still getting 98 vram temperature

no matter what i tried to change the vram temps are always over 96 degrees to 100 max

26 minutes ago, MrBigD1409 said:

no matter what i tried to change the vram temps are always over 96 degrees to 100 max

t his is a issue with the cooler. 

Could you try7 to see if theres any contact between memory and the cooler?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Yes there is proper contact i even disassembled and reassembled it to make sure there were proper contact, i am really thinking that it might be a factory issue with the thermal pads

8 minutes ago, MrBigD1409 said:

Yes there is proper contact i even disassembled and reassembled it to make sure there were proper contact, i am really thinking that it might be a factory issue with the thermal pads

then id suggest mining at a ruduced memory clock to keep them cool and get some new pads.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

then id suggest mining at a ruduced memory clock to keep them cool and get some new pads.

How do i reduce the memory clock when it cant get below 1750

1 hour ago, MrBigD1409 said:

How do i reduce the memory clock when it cant get below 1750

Like thats as low as it will go in adrenaline or msiab?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Like thats as low as it will go in adrenaline or msiab?

yes i cant go lower than 1750 on adrenaline or msiab

isnt there any commands for the software to lower the memory usage, cause every software i try my memory is always at 100% and high temps

7 minutes ago, MrBigD1409 said:

isnt there any commands for the software to lower the memory usage, cause every software i try my memory is always at 100% and high temps

Memory usage can only be lowered by flashing a bios that says the card has less memory.

but the issue isn’t the usage. Usage just shows the amount that allocated.

for the temps, you can undervolt the memory on adrenaline, that should help a bit.

You could also try putting a fan in your case that blows air onto the memory.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Memory usage can only be lowered by flashing a bios that says the card has less memory.

but the issue isn’t the usage. Usage just shows the amount that allocated.

for the temps, you can undervolt the memory on adrenaline, that should help a bit.

You could also try putting a fan in your case that blows air onto the memory.

im trying right now with UNmineable mining some shiba inu tokens and somehow dont know what happened i resetted everything on the adrenaline  and changed only power consumption -40%(consuming only 30watts), and can it be that i had high temps on mining etherum because etherum requires a lot of power and its a  heavy coin or all the coins have same intensity i dont know xD 

image.png

7 minutes ago, MrBigD1409 said:

im trying right now with UNmineable mining some shiba inu tokens and somehow dont know what happened i resetted everything on the adrenaline  and changed only power consumption -40%(consuming only 30watts), and can it be that i had high temps on mining etherum because etherum requires a lot of power and its a  heavy coin or all the coins have same intensity i dont know xD 

image.png

That works.

Though once you can fix the cooling, I'd suggest that you start mining eth.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

That works.

Though once you can fix the cooling, I'd suggest that you start mining eth.

yea i dont knwo hows this possible is it because shiba inu token is new and its not a heavy coin to mine in comparison to etherum, like i tried mining etherum on unmineable aswell and the temps are the same over 98 degrees, like does it have anything to do with the coins being heavy or how does it work since im still new with mining xD

Just now, MrBigD1409 said:

yea i dont knwo hows this possible is it because shiba inu token is new and its not a heavy coin to mine in comparison to etherum, like i tried mining etherum on unmineable aswell and the temps are the same over 98 degrees, like does it have anything to do with the coins being heavy or how does it work since im still new with mining xD

Eth gets the mem hot bc that's ETH hits that hard. 

Shib is probably core intensive, so it doesn't get hot bc the power limit is so low.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Shib is probably core intensive, so it doesn't get hot bc the power limit is so low.

oh ok so its based on the coin being heavy thanks a lot for explaining man, in a couple of hours i will be getting the new 2mm thermal pads and will let you know later if the temps dropped, by the way what temps should i be looking at for mining etherum to not impact a lot on the gpu

8 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

6 minutes ago, MrBigD1409 said:

oh ok so its based on the coin being heavy thanks a lot for explaining man, in a couple of hours i will be getting the new 2mm thermal pads and will let you know later if the temps dropped, by the way what temps should i be looking at for mining etherum to not impact a lot on the gpu

You can't mine SHIB. Their name "unmineable" already allures to what really happens. What happens is you mine something mineable, probably ETH, and they convert it to whatever coin you selected there and pay you in that.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, tikker said:

You can't mine SHIB. Their name "unmineable" already allures to what really happens. What happens is you mine something mineable, probably ETH, and they convert it to whatever coin you selected there and pay you in that.

well im still mining them and my temps are all at 50 degrees, i was going to mine some shiba inu anyway just to have them in the portfolio just in case cause you never know in the future, but later when i replace the thermal pads im definetely mining etherum gonna try different sites casue yesterday i was trying eth+zil but the minimum payment is 0.05 eth when on unmineable its 0.01 so im probably gonna stick with unmienable

12 minutes ago, MrBigD1409 said:

well im still mining them and my temps are all at 50 degrees, i was going to mine some shiba inu anyway just to have them in the portfolio just in case cause you never know in the future, but later when i replace the thermal pads im definetely mining etherum gonna try different sites casue yesterday i was trying eth+zil but the minimum payment is 0.05 eth when on unmineable its 0.01 so im probably gonna stick with unmienable

You are not mining SHIB, you are mining ETH or something else they that can actually be mined and unmineable converts that to SHIB for your payout. Furthermore, do understand what you are getting into and realise SHIB is the "ETH version" of DOGE and was made as a joke. Do not treat it as a serious "investment" for the future like actual crypto projects, but as a lottery (crypto in general is also a bit of a gamble at this moment btw).

Ethermine is worth checking out if you plan to switch to ETH directly. They recently changed their policy and can now pay out as low as 0.005 ETH per day.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

You are not mining SHIB, you are mining ETH or something else they that can actually be mined and unmineable converts that to SHIB for your payout. Furthermore, do understand what you are getting into and realise SHIB is the "ETH version" of DOGE and was made as a joke. Do not treat it as a serious "investment" for the future like actual crypto projects, but as a lottery (crypto in general is also a bit of a gamble at this moment btw).

Ethermine is worth checking out. They recently changed their policy and can now pay out as low as 0.005 ETH per day.

oh thanks for the info didnt know about ethermine, and like i said you never know what happens in the future look at bitcoin no one ever expected it to reach thousands of dollars, and doge no one expected to reach 0,7 cents as a meme coin lol but still theres people that had millions of doges and where are they now xD

2 minutes ago, MrBigD1409 said:

oh thanks for the info didnt know about ethermine, and like i said you never know what happens in the future look at bitcoin no one ever expected it to reach thousands of dollars, and doge no one expected to reach 0,7 cents as a meme coin lol but still theres people that had millions of doges and where are they now xD

True. Crypto as a whole is unpredicatble, but there are crucial differences between DOGE/SHIB and other crypto. The most important one being that DOGE gains like 14 million coins per day and has no reason to be worth 0.7 cents in the first place compared to other cryptos. Inherent value of crypto aside, within the crypto sphere it's a perfect illustration that the dirt in your garden can become valuable if people start hoarding it or start proclaiming it has value. The global trend of BTC has been following predictions rather well, with the huge spikes/bubbles on top of it every now and then.

All I'm saying is it's fine to take the gamble, do what you want, just don't pour all of your savings in DOGE or SHIB 😛

True. Crypto as a whole is unpredicatble, but there are crucial differences between DOGE/SHIB and other crypto. The most important one being that DOGE gains like 14 million coins per day and has no reason to be worth 0.7 cents in the first place compared to other cryptos. Inherent value of crypto aside, within the crypto sphere it's a perfect illustration that the dirt in your garden can become valuable if people start hoarding it or start proclaiming it has value. The global trend of BTC has been following predictions rather well, with the huge spikes/bubbles on top of it every now and then.

All I'm saying is it's fine to take the gamble, do what you want, just don't pour all of your savings in DOGE or SHIB 😛

oh no never do that on pulling all my investments on a coin NEVER lol, only mine a few of them since the pc is anyway all the day on, and with etherum i can actually get a 60 dollar minimum profit a month thats big for me xD, i was concerned only about the temps being always that high, thank god i ran only for a couple of days and not months cause that would have been painfull for me xD

16 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Mining on the 5700xt on air mem gets to 100c is normal. even at 1900 on the memory it still hangs out at 100c that is just the way it is. If you drop a waterblock on there you can mine at 2000 with the memory at 60c. I have a 5700xt and i tested it before i threw on the waterblock.

If you want cooler memory you can always crank the fans to 100% but it will be pretty loud and usually only drops 5-10c.