Gigabit ethernet connection capped at 100mbps Windows 10

I've always run the gigabit ethernet connection. But today without reason it defaulted to 100mbps.

Any other device works just fine at the maximum speed using the same cable and the same router. So the problem has to be the motherboard (MSI B350 Gaming Pro)

I've reinstalled drivers directly from msi page and didn´t do the trick. I've Forced the gigabit connection Full-duplex on the driver and also nothing. The bios is on up to date and so Windows 10

Run out of ideas. Anyone has an idea of what to do?

Thanks

Troubleshoot.jpg

2 minutes ago, Party_Raccoon said:

I've always run the gigabit ethernet connection. But today without reason it defaulted to 100mbps.

Any other device works just fine at the maximum speed using the same cable and the same router. So the problem has to be the motherboard (MSI B350 Gaming Pro)

I've reinstalled drivers directly from msi page and didn´t do the trick. I've Forced the gigabit connection Full-duplex on the driver and also nothing. The bios is on up to date and so Windows 10

Run out of ideas. Anyone has an idea of what to do?

Thanks

Troubleshoot.jpg

You can try going before the last windows 10 update sometimes after updates my wifi antenna stops working

Faulty cable or faulty ethernet ports.

Replace cable, if that doesn't fix it could be your ethernet ports either on the PC end or the router end.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

21 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Faulty cable or faulty ethernet ports.

Replace cable, if that doesn't fix it could be your ethernet ports either on the PC end or the router end.

Same cable and same router work perfectly in other devices as previousley stated

@Party_Raccoon

Can you do a test and unplug the cable from the router/modem and plug the cable that comes in the house from the ISP directly in your motherboard's Ethernet port, then create a new dial-up connection using PPPoE and your credentials, then connect and test the connection speed?

Or adapt this test to your specific setup. But the idea is to plug the cable that comes from your ISP residential modem/router (from outside the home) directly in your computer, create a new connection, introduce the credentials and connect to the internet directly from your PC, without any router.

12 minutes ago, TudorF said:

@Party_Raccoon

Can you do a test and unplug the cable from the router/modem and plug the cable that comes in the house from the ISP directly in your motherboard's Ethernet port, then create a new dial-up connection using PPPoE and your credentials, then connect and test the connection speed?

Or adapt this test to your specific setup. But the idea is to plug the cable that comes from your ISP residential modem/router (from outside the home) directly in your computer, create a new connection, introduce the credentials and connect to the internet directly from your PC, without any router.

Very good idea. Unfortunately its fiber, so i don't have the necesary equipment to adapt the signal

2 hours ago, Party_Raccoon said:

Same cable and same router work perfectly in other devices as previousley stated

So its your PC then, as I said;

It might be software but if you've reinstalled drivers I doubt it. You could do a reinstall of Windows to rule out software entirely.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Sounds like a great time to upgrade to SHIELDED cables.  I had a 100ft cable that worked great when I ran it through the middle of the room to test it, but once it was behind my desk and near the rest of my cables it went down to 10 m/bit.  Switched to shielded cables and never had a problem since,

It must be true, I read it on the internet...