Is my gpu dying ?

xhackforeverxdx

I have a rtx 2080 super and i am a bit scared i got kicked from a game (destiny 2) with a gpu error and a few weeks before that i got kicked aswell in league of legends on a diff windows install so it cant be a driver Problem it said smth about gpu driver initialization failed midgame destiny said smth about gpu beeing removed ??? and since the last 4 month or smth i noticed that i can see white dots for a few ms from time to time how f*** am i ? since buying a new gpu is not a Option 

Have you tried reseating the GPU?

Might also be the RAM or motherboard failing, so try reseating the RAM and try moving the GPU to another PCIE slot. I know it will perform worse but this way we can at least find out if the PCIE slot is causing issues.

Also what specs? Since you live in Europe you have at least 2 years warranty, and the 2080 Super isn't 2 years old yet so you can still RMA.

10 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

so it cant be a driver Problem

it said smth about gpu driver initialization failed midgame

Sounds like a driver problem.

destiny said smth about gpu beeing removed

Did it mention broccoli?

It does sound like a driver issue at first glance to me. I would start by downloading the most recent driver and installing it. If issues persist, or if you have done it, do a  fresh install of your drivers by first removing them with DDU and then reinstalling.

i noticed that i can see white dots for a few ms from time to time how f*** am i ? since buying a new gpu is not a Option 

What kind of white dots? In what context? (p.s. If you see them they're up for more than a few ms)

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Any overclock?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

9 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Have you tried reseating the GPU?

Might also be the RAM or motherboard failing, so try reseating the RAM and try moving the GPU to another PCIE slot. I know it will perform worse but this way we can at least find out if the PCIE slot is causing issues.

Also what specs? Since you live in Europe you have at least 2 years warranty, and the 2080 Super isn't 2 years old yet so you can still RMA.

Its has like 2 months left your right but the store i got it from it closed cause of corona maybe i should write msi ? 

8 minutes ago, tikker said:

Sounds like a driver problem.

Did it mention broccoli?

It does sound like a driver issue at first glance to me. I would start by downloading the most recent driver and installing it. If issues persist, or if you have done it, do a  fresh install of your drivers by first removing them with DDU and then reinstalling.

What kind of white dots? In what context? (p.s. If you see them they're up for more than a few ms)

they are very strange sometimes they are lines aswell like u know the old tvs ? white noise but only a bit of it over a half of the screen of a very very short moment 

and i ruled out the drivers since it happend on 2 diff os in the same way 

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Any overclock?

i legit forgot thanks had the msi tool in the background starting with windows did not touch it for like ever it still had 1000mhz on the memory since the super cards take that with no problem atleast it worked fine for almost 2 years maybe the chips got to hot ? gpu core always was maxing out at 68 or smth have a very well cooled case 

26 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

smth

what is this

3 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

i legit forgot thanks had the msi tool in the background starting with windows did not touch it for like ever it still had 1000mhz on the memory since the super cards take that with no problem atleast it worked fine for almost 2 years maybe the chips got to hot ? gpu core always was maxing out at 68 or smth have a very well cooled case 

Sounds like you're having artifacting which can be from memory instability

Just now, Moonzy said:

Sounds like you're having artifacting which can be from memory instability

ye i was thinking  the memory is dying on me removed all ocs does memory degrade like cpus do ? like its stable on +1000 for almost 2 years 

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

what is this

something

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

does memory degrade like cpus do ? like its stable on +1000 for almost 2 years 

More like ... you ran your memory overclocked without any form of monitoring the memory temperature for two years straight only looking at the gpu temperature. In which case yes it would be impressive the memory was able to survive as long as it did.

2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

ye i was thinking  the memory is dying on me removed all ocs does memory degrade like cpus do ? like its stable on +1000 for almost 2 years 

It can degrade like that, but it's quite slow

2 years seems to be a fair amount of time, maybe try +900 now instead of +1000

Or go back to stock and see if our still occurs, just in case it's something else

12 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

It can degrade like that, but it's quite slow

2 years seems to be a fair amount of time, maybe try +900 now instead of +1000

Or go back to stock and see if our still occurs, just in case it's something else

i just reset to default and see if the strange stuff stops 😄 

14 minutes ago, emosun said:

More like ... you ran your memory overclocked without any form of monitoring the memory temperature for two years straight only looking at the gpu temperature. In which case yes it would be impressive the memory was able to survive as long as it did.

ye i dont think so i know tons of tons of guys that runs the 2080 super cards with higher mem speed and there cards did not explode 🙂 running 1000 mhz+ seems like alot but for 2080 super card its not since the chips dont even run at full speed from the factory 

11 hours ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

they are very strange sometimes they are lines aswell like u know the old tvs ? white noise but only a bit of it over a half of the screen of a very very short moment 

and i ruled out the drivers since it happend on 2 diff os in the same way

That doesn't rule out drivers unless you installed the exact same driver on both Windows installs and one gave problems and the other did not. The noise you describe makes me suspect something with the VRAM. If you have an overclock applied, turn that off first.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB