Z490 Motherboard recommendation

Go to solution Solved by Entropy.,
4 minutes ago, Powtmow said:

Can you please explain your choice?

Has superior VRMs to the Gaming edge, useful for overclocking but not super important, the IO is the same minus a DisplayPort connection and a usb type-c port. the motherboards functionally are pretty similar besides that, just boils down to price, essentially. 

I am hesitating between the MSI Z490 gaming edge wifi and the Gigabyte Z490 aorus elite AC. The Gigabyte aorus elite AC is 20$ cheaper. My cpu will be a 10700kf and i don't intend to do heavy overclocking. Except the WIFI 6 on the MSI and more thermal guards on the Gigabyte, i'm not sure about their differences. Both IO connectors satisfy me. Does one of them have better build quality, better BIOS or something i should take in consideration?

16 minutes ago, Powtmow said:

I am hesitating between the MSI Z490 gaming edge wifi and the Gigabyte Z490 aorus elite AC. The Gigabyte aorus elite AC is 20$ cheaper. My cpu will be a 10700kf and i don't intend to do heavy overclocking. Except the WIFI 6 on the MSI and more thermal guards on the Gigabyte, i'm not sure about their differences. Both IO connectors satisfy me. Does one of them have better build quality, better BIOS or something i should take in consideration?

How much exactly are they? Probably worth it to just go for a z590 aorus elite, if it's around the same price or cheaper you'll want to go for it. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

I live in Canada so 259 CAD for the Z490 Gigabyte, 279 CAD for the Z490 MSI and 310 CAD for Z590 Gigabyte.

48 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

How much exactly are they? Probably worth it to just go for a z590 aorus elite, if it's around the same price or cheaper you'll want to go for it. 

I live in Canada so 259 CAD for the Z490 Gigabyte, 279 CAD for the Z490 MSI and 310 CAD for Z590 Gigabyte.

56 minutes ago, Powtmow said:

go for the z490 aorus then

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

4 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

go for the z490 aorus then

4 minutes ago, Powtmow said:

Has superior VRMs to the Gaming edge, useful for overclocking but not super important, the IO is the same minus a DisplayPort connection and a usb type-c port. the motherboards functionally are pretty similar besides that, just boils down to price, essentially. 

3 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Okay thanks for the answer!