New cpu worked for a while now wont boot

AntoMira

Hello guys.

So i have an computer with and Mobo Gigabyte Aorus B450 M (BIOS updated to last version, F41 i guess), RTX 3070, Coolermaster 120mm watercooler aio and a 800W Gamermax (shitty i know, long story) power supply.

I had a Ryzen 5 2600x in it

When upgraded for and Ryzen 7 5800x.

It booted fine, i used it for about 40mins, started some games, monitored the temps with HW-Info everything was fine, cpu temps on the 65c levels idle and 85c gaming, gpu in the mid 70c all right as well too.

Then i fired up Fusion 360 to work on some models and while using it a little the system froze, booted up ok, worked for a few minutes then booted again and now it wont post anymore.

The mobo has some leds, passes thru CPU, RAM and then stops on VGA led lit and stops there, no video, no beeps. The GPU fans and all other fans keep spinning.

Tried removing GPU, led stops on vga, the same.

Removed ram sticks and got 3 beeps every some seconds (normal no ram i guess).

What it can be?

No extra parts to try to replace. :(

I would try clearing your cmos and see if that helps. There might be a button on your rear i/o for that but if there isn't removing the battery on the board for about 15-20 seconds when the system is unplugged will clear the cmos

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

Updates, swapped back the old CPU now it boots bot the wideo has a lots of stripes and stuff and wondows wont start properly.

IMG-20210603-WA0011.jpeg

2 hours ago, thedangerine said:

I would try clearing your cmos and see if that helps. There might be a button on your rear i/o for that but if there isn't removing the battery on the board for about 15-20 seconds when the system is unplugged will clear the cmos

Ive tryed it, both button and battery removal

2 hours ago, AntoMira said:

Updates, swapped back the old CPU now it boots bot the wideo has a lots of stripes and stuff and wondows wont start properly.

IMG-20210603-WA0011.jpeg

Used another monitor and it was fine.

Probably that monitor or the cable.

In the end puttinh back the old processor everything goes back to normal, putting the new on it wont boot and stays with vga led on.