Oh my god...

LapX

Honestly, my personal preference order is Windows > OSX > Linux.

I was using Debian on my laptop and a friend at school went across me and said : Linux is sooooo bad. His order is Windows as first, little behind you find mac os and totally at the bottom there is Linux...

I'm crying please help me trough this pain.

let them go after there stupidity while you laugh at there faces! Linux shall take over the WORLD.  Thing is I think, people are just like, WTF linux, so complex (guess thats how it used to be) and then walk away without trying it.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Did you ever try reinstalling from a known good iso (check the MD5 of the downloaded iso)? 

google translate doesn't have this language i'm afraid. i'm a complete noob when it comes to software related stuff, i much prefer hardware. can you explain stuff to me like a retard  :unsure:

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

google translate doesn't have this language i'm afraid. i'm a complete noob when it comes to software related stuff, i much prefer hardware. can you explain stuff to me like a retard  :unsure:

Okay, no problem, everyone starts somewhere. 

Reinstalling is just what it sounds like. It is proceeding to install the same program or operating system again (of coarse delete or format the old partition to delete the old OS). 

A Clean, known good iso is the image you downloaded, and checked to ensure that the MD5 hash matches. MD5 is a hash that is generated to ensure that what you downloaded or received is the full file or set of files. It is checked by doing something like this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM    and check the file sum against these hashes https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes . If they match, you have the right file. If not, then you need to redownload the .iso file until it does match. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Okay, no problem, everyone starts somewhere. 

Reinstalling is just what it sounds like. It is proceeding to install the same program or operating system again (of coarse delete or format the old partition to delete the old OS). 

A Clean, known good iso is the image you downloaded, and checked to ensure that the MD5 hash matches. MD5 is a hash that is generated to ensure that what you downloaded or received is the full file or set of files. It is checked by doing something like this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM    and check the file sum against these hashes https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes . If they match, you have the right file. If not, then you need to redownload the .iso file until it does match. 

Thanks. I will try this. I thought it was suppose to be like windows, but it doesn't seem right. Ill give this a go.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Come on, any serious Linux user is more worried about getting something done, or adding a cool feature, or actually working than painting their desktop to look "cool". Let anyone wanting a bedazzled desktop to spend their life arranging glitter all they want, meanwhile use your computer and move on.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

i think its 12.04 or 12.08

It's either xx.04 or xx.11. Nothing ever in between.

On topic, I know that feel. The kid of my mom's boss (got that?) thought that my netbook was running Windows 7 or 8. Does this look like Windows 7/8? He also though it was freaking amazing when he saw that my old rig was running Windows XP.

gallery_37587_679_182961.png

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

For me it's usually audio. People insist that Beats are good headphones. 

Yeah that too sadly...

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

I was using Debian on my laptop and a friend at school went across me and said : Linux is sooooo bad. His order is Windows as first, little behind you find mac os and totally at the bottom there is Linux...

I'm crying please help me trough this pain.

I guess he's entitled to his own opinion. Linux isn't perfect but is getting better by the day. I personally prefer Xubuntu, which is based on Ubuntu but uses the xfce desktop environment and is a damned near perfect replacement (or companion) to Windows 7. In fact i have it installed on 3 laptops and 2 desktops.

I personally don't see the appeal of Debian. I like things to work out of the box instead of having to install this and that all the time. Rarely on Xubuntu have I run into a situation where something didn't work or wasn't installed by default. Its relatively light on resources (unlike Linux Mint), isn't weighed down by inane bells and whistles (like KDE), and the xfce desktop environment is lightweight and DEAD SIMPLE TO USE because it sticks to the traditional desktop metaphor instead of using stupid resource hogging shells like GNOME 3 or Unity.

I also abandoned Linux Mint because its software repo, well, sucked.

Windows > Xubuntu > Android > Any Apple product. Being totally honest. I tried to use an iPad once and just gave the f*** up. Locked down garbage.

As a consumer product, he's got a point. Not that it's a bad OS, it's anything but.

However, It'll never be a popular consumer product, I mean it's completely free, and the vast majority of people have never used it...You can't even give it away to the consumer market.

I seriously can't see the Gaming community / Steam changing that either, there's just too many sacrifices you'd have to make to game on Linux.

And today is April 1st, so he actually uses Linux all the time and loves it.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

You can't refute the facts.

Linux > All

Android > All

Personal preference is fine, but Linux and Android have been shown to be the most stable and most customizable.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Linux just needs more support. It's the superior OS

Linux isn't an Os, however some Os using Linux can be trash (*cough Ubuntu cough*) but we know that open source software is superior and is gaining more interest.