Is Keeping Battery Protect On On my Laptop Worth it?

Go to solution Solved by it_dont_work,
3 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

i Know a Battery at 100% is the Hardest Strain For it, thats why im thinking this Battery Protection Could Actually Help Long Term. Windows does have a Battery Health Monitor so i can Check that Here and there. The Battery is Likely Made by Samsung as its a Custom Pack.

While that is the case, float charging circuitry is much better these days. I'd probably just leave it on based on your usage. 

To play devil's advocate through The offgrid solar on my home runs on 'drop in' lithium deep cycles (agm sized 12v setups with individual bms) and we treat them like absolute shit without any real issues in the last 5 years. the Tech is generally pretty robust 

Is Keeping Battery Protect (which keeps the Laptop from charging above 85%) On my Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 15" I7 1TB 16GB On Worth it? Will This Signifigantly Improve Battery Health Long Term? Every Once and a while i may Let it Charge to 100% If i Know im going to be out Using it all Day, But other then that When using it Somewhere i Know il Have a Wall Charger Available, I Would Keep Battery Protect On.

lkp7f25c.png

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Guess that depends on what the warranty is like. I've always had either a laptop battery that just lasts forever without much sign of wear, or one that needs replacing every 1-2 years. Or so far two HP's that gave me about 6 months. 

If the battery warranty is good, I'd just fully charge it and take the extra run time. But Also consider how long your away from charging, if it's not likely long then maybe just leave it on for a few months and see if you notice any usable difference. While it does make a cycle difference being a decent brand and how far the battery tech has come in the last 15-20 years, smell like marketing wank to me.  A difference while measurable may not make functional/perceivable difference 

EDIT: they're also claiming a 21hour bat life, even if thats only really 16-18, may as well leave the thing on 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

3 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

Guess that depends on what the warranty is like. I've always had either a laptop battery that just lasts forever without much sign of wear, or one that needs replacing every 1-2 years. Or so far two HP's that gave me about 6 months. 

If the battery warranty is good, I'd just fully charge it and take the extra run time. But Also consider how long your away from charging, if it's not likely long then maybe just leave it on for a few months and see if you notice any usable difference. While it does make a cycle difference being a decent brand and how far the battery tech has come in the last 15-20 years, smell like marketing wank to me.  A difference while measurable may not make functional/perceivable difference 

Doesnt Really Say Anything About "Battery Warranty" Just General Device Warranty, Which is 1 Year. As of Now im Mainly Using it at Home Whenever im not at my Desktop, So Charging it When needed is not an issue, and it would be Rare, If ever that i would use it over my Desktop for Long enough to Fully Kill it. Ive only Done that once So Far and that was just to test Gaming While Hooked up to my TV. And i could have Plugged it in While Doing that if i wanted to. i Know a Battery at 100% is the Hardest Strain For it, thats why im thinking this Battery Protection Could Actually Help Long Term. Windows does have a Battery Health Monitor so i can Check that Here and there. The Battery is Likely Made by Samsung as its a Custom Pack.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

3 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

i Know a Battery at 100% is the Hardest Strain For it, thats why im thinking this Battery Protection Could Actually Help Long Term. Windows does have a Battery Health Monitor so i can Check that Here and there. The Battery is Likely Made by Samsung as its a Custom Pack.

While that is the case, float charging circuitry is much better these days. I'd probably just leave it on based on your usage. 

To play devil's advocate through The offgrid solar on my home runs on 'drop in' lithium deep cycles (agm sized 12v setups with individual bms) and we treat them like absolute shit without any real issues in the last 5 years. the Tech is generally pretty robust 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige