Lian Li 011 Dynamic Mini AIO Compatability

Hi. Looking to get clarification on whether the 011 Lian Li Dynamic Mini supports a 360 AIO at the top with an ATX configuration. Lian Li themselves report that some users have done it but haven't been able to find a physical example.

Capture.PNG.1b42b49ec33585f25245cc81fdddb943.PNG

Website claims a 25mm clearance between a full ATX mobo and space available on top.

1399110351_Capture2.thumb.PNG.3204984559c226bb8920889ea7a1c771.PNG

Ali from OptimumTech at the 3:40 minute mark mentions it can 'physically' fit with wiggle room. No idea if it actually fits or could run into clearance issues. Reason for the 011 Dynamic Mini was to try out my first Custom Loop for the GPU, then add another system for the CPU when I upgrade down the line.

Anyone have experience or an actual example if it fits? Cheers.

The reason is that there is just 25mm of clearance on the top, which is roughly enough for the avreage fan (not LTT fan, just chassis fan). Slim fans are often 15mm and you aren't going to find an easy-to-use 10mm radiator, if you even can find one.

You could fit a radiator, without fans attatched on it.

1 minute ago, Zongohihello said:

The reason is that there is just 25mm of clearance on the top, which is roughly enough for the avreage fan (not LTT fan, just chassis fan). Slim fans are often 15mm and you aren't going to find an easy-to-use 10mm radiator, if you even can find one.

You could fit a radiator, without fans attatched on it.

In the video, Ali shows a full AIO with fans fitting. 

1 minute ago, SamtheMan101 said:

...and?

25mm is the space inbetween the motherboard area and the fan mount. If you don't have tall VRM heatsinks, you might be fine. You might also need to mount the AIO closer to the side panel.

3 minutes ago, SamtheMan101 said:

Yes but its blocking the top of the motherboard, making it hard to access the CPU power and fan headers. It looks like it also can block the RAM slots 

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

12 minutes ago, Zongohihello said:

...and?

25mm is the space inbetween the motherboard area and the fan mount. If you don't have tall VRM heatsinks, you might be fine. You might also need to mount the AIO closer to the side panel.

True, didnt thick of that. 

I guess it’s impossible with VRM clearance and CPU/fan header access. 

If you're so worried about clearance just get the regular O11?

I was able to fit up to a 60mm radiator plus standard 25mm thick fans in the top slot.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

If you're so worried about clearance just get the regular O11?

I was able to fit up to a 60mm radiator plus standard 25mm thick fans in the top slot.

I could do that. Stills havent opened anything yet.