Access Denied?

cmm093

I have a friend with a peculiar internet problem: she gets an Access Denied error on certain websites, i.e. any PlayStation website, EA website, and Healthcare.gov, among others. Also, this only happens sometimes - not all of the time, but often enough to be almost unusable.

She has reset her router/modem several times, ISP techs have been unable to determine a problem, she has replaced her router/modem, and, as a last resort, she switched ISPs.

The problem seemed to have been fixed; however, 3 days later it reappeared.

She works from home and some of the websites she needs access to are for her job.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

index.jpg

I'll tell her to try that on her computer, but I'm not sure it would work on some of the other devices it's happening on, mainly her PS4 being unable to connect to the PlayStation Network, presumably because the domain is Access Denied.

hmmmm.. do a malware check. I have a slight feeling it could be a redirect attack? also try other browsers. Are other devices affected?

2 minutes ago, ProjectPatatoe said:

hmmmm.. do a malware check. I have a slight feeling it could be a redirect attack? also try other browsers. Are other devices affected?

Every device connected to the network is affected. Phones, tablets, desktop and laptop computers, and game consoles.

Kinda sounds like ddos, hack, malware kinda thing.

Weird the isp couldnt help though, you'd think they figure that out.

But no, if what you said is true it all sounds kinda exactly like the thing that can happen, especially on psn, lots of crazies there.

Honestly id try to find out (ask her) if she maybe pissed off someome , or knows someome who could be a stalker, etc.

11 minutes ago, ProjectPatatoe said:

This is exactly what it sounds like.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

14 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Kinda sounds like ddos, hack, malware kinda thing.

Weird the isp couldnt help though, you'd think they figure that out.

But no, if what you said is true it all sounds kinda exactly like the thing that can happen, especially on psn, lots of crazies there.

Honestly id try to find out (ask her) if she maybe pissed off someome , or knows someome who could be a stalker, etc.

This is exactly what it sounds like.

How would she go about checking for that or fixing it if it is?

1 hour ago, cmm093 said:

I have a friend with a peculiar internet problem: she gets an Access Denied error on certain websites, i.e. any PlayStation website, EA website, and Healthcare.gov, among others. Also, this only happens sometimes - not all of the time, but often enough to be almost unusable.

She has reset her router/modem several times, ISP techs have been unable to determine a problem, she has replaced her router/modem, and, as a last resort, she switched ISPs.

The problem seemed to have been fixed; however, 3 days later it reappeared.

She works from home and some of the websites she needs access to are for her job.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

index.jpg

That appears to be the standard Akamai Access Denied message. You'll need to contact the website administrators to find out why you're being blocked. If your ISP uses dynamic IP address assignments it's possible whomever previously had your IP did bad things with it, or there could be an entirely different reason you're being blocked, such as malicious activity on one of the devices connected to the network. Only Akamai and/or the website administrators will be able to tell you why.

https://community.akamai.com/customers/s/article/Why-is-Akamai-blocking-me?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

23 minutes ago, kirashi said:

That appears to be the standard Akamai Access Denied message. You'll need to contact the website administrators to find out why you're being blocked. If your ISP uses dynamic IP address assignments it's possible whomever previously had your IP did bad things with it, or there could be an entirely different reason you're being blocked, such as malicious activity on one of the devices connected to the network. Only Akamai and/or the website administrators will be able to tell you why.

https://community.akamai.com/customers/s/article/Why-is-Akamai-blocking-me?

Thank you. I'll talk with her about this in the morning