3D printing - Random horizontal lines with ender 3 v2

tripaloski

I recently got and ender 3 v2 and on almost every print ive done, im getting these weird horizontal lines and cant figure out the cause. Im running Jyer's firmware with manual mesh bed leveling and have calibrated my esteps, everything else is untouched. On my original ender 3 i never had any issue like this.

thorn.jpg

benchy.jpg

41 minutes ago, James Evens said:

What where you Troubleshooting steps until now?

Are those lines always in the same position/height?

Do you own a straight edge?

The only thing i have "troubleshot" is making sure my filament is good, thats the only thing i can say for sure. The lines arent in the same z height but in seemingly random vertical positions. Not sure what you mean by straight edge.

My first instinct is to blame something related to the z-axis, but then they would appear for pretty much any print at the same height. If it occurs randomly maybe the filament is not feeding smoothly every now and then (like the spool is "stuck" and it has to pull a little harder sometimes) or a partial clog causing uneven extrusion. What material and temperature is this?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

19 minutes ago, tikker said:

My first instinct is to blame something related to the z-axis, but then they would appear for pretty much any print at the same height. If it occurs randomly maybe the filament is not feeding smoothly every now and then (like the spool is "stuck" and it has to pull a little harder sometimes) or a partial clog causing uneven extrusion. What material and temperature is this?

Im using esun pla+ with the nozzle at 215C, ive been printing this material with these settings on my original ender 3 for a while now. I dont think its a clog since the printer is brand new. When i first assembled it i noticed the z lead screw coupler was a bit loose so i tightened it, could that still be the problem?

5 minutes ago, tripaloski said:

When i first assembled it i noticed the z lead screw coupler was a bit loose so i tightened it, could that still be the problem?

Could be too tight or it could be binding if the z-axis is slightly off from straight, but then again that would happen at the same or at least similar place in all prints.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

• 1 year later...

I had the exact same problem and my prints look just the same. Turns out the Z axis long screw coupler was not tightened enough. 

20221108_085033.jpg