"MSI Gaming Loot Box Pack 2018"

I'm Princess and this is my review of the MSI Gaming Loot Box Pack 2018. James and/or Linus I am available for a staff writing job, and I will work for Canadian citizen sponsorship and Timbits. 

This Review is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or probably condoned by MSI, I am just an MSI fangirl. 

The MSI Gaming Loot Box Pack 2018, comes with the following:

1 Dragon Fever wired gaming headset with 2 3.5mm jack configuration

1 MSI emblazoned drawstring bag

and 1 unbelievably adorable Lucky the Dragon plush toy at roughly 13 cm tall. 

The entire bundle was found on Newegg, for $49.99 American

In that order, we'll talk about the headset first. The Dragon fever is delightfully middle of the road, and what you'd expect for the price. It's in no way uncomfortable, sporting some decent pads on the ear cups, and the noise reduction is comparable to my 50$ SteelSeries Siberia 200s. The headband is the biggest drawback, in my opinion, as it doesn't have that cable supported free floating support sperate from the frame like my Siberias. However,  like the Siberias, the control unit on the cord is sub par. They both function, but I like a little more flair for my volume controls, and will probably opt to plug them in to a desktop external sound card, that way I can have my volume controls sitting right next to my keyboard. The cable isn't braided, but it feels hefty enough that it's not going to snap if you forget to take them off when the oven timer goes off and you rush to get your pizza out. It also connects to the headset right next to the incredibly short mic arm, a mild annoyance, but and annoyance all the same. The sound quality... is what you'd expect for a 50$ headset, same with the voice quality. Not terrible, not amazing. Without the gift box, I've seen the headset online for 40$, but at most places it's discontinued or out of stock. I do find myself using these a lot more than my other headsets, but again, MSI fangirl, I'm using it for the name. 

Next is the drawstring bag, and that was the biggest surprise. Usually when you think of, or see, drawstring bags, they're not much to write home about. Materials that are somewhere between a garbage bag and a tarp, and shoelaces for straps. One pocket, not much storage, and boring, useless, crap. This MSI bag, however, blew me away. Not only is the bag material thick and sturdy, more akin to a normal backpack, the straps are a thick, tough, yet soft and comfortable material. The main pocket, that's right, I said main pocket, is thick and secure feeling, and holds its shape pretty well, discouraging lumps and bumps in your back. There is a zippered front pocket for smaller items, say your phone or power bank, so you can find them easily without having to dig through it. Even without the branding, I could see myself paying upwards of 10 bucks for this alone. With the branding, any MSI fan would be happy to have this. 

And for the cherry on top, the main reason I wanted this. The driving force behind my finger when I hit "Purchase". Lucky. Lucky is an adorable mascot and this plush captures that. With wire articulated arms, wings and tail, he's semi poseable and makes a great desktop companion. When I'm writing and stop to think, or reread the same sentence fifty times to decide if I want to change one word, I can pick up Lucky and fidget with him or pet his tiny head. He is not without fault though, as the one I got, the stitching on the teeth seemed a bit tight, making them stick out at an odd angle. 

In closing, do I think this product is for you? Do you have an almost fanatical devotion to MSI, 50$ to spend, and want an adorable desktop companion, mediocre headset, and a surprisingly well build bag? Then yeah, pick this up. 

20210524_154824.jpg

20210524_154105.jpg

20210524_154552.jpg

20210524_154225.jpg

20210524_154942.jpg

10 minutes ago, Punk Rock Princess said:

James and/or Linus I am available for a staff writing job

lol

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler