First time custom loop build- drain

Hi ,

I am building my first cl . 

Was wondering if such solution for the drain is fine?

Will this disrupt somehow the flow from the pump ? Or anything else I should worry about 

Screenshot_20210522-220838_Gallery.jpg

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

Works but don't expect too much from that since your radiators apparently have the ports at the top ... there'll be a lot of tilting and potentially shaking necessary to drain your loop entirely. 

You either have to turn your radiators around, replace them with multiport radiators or live with it - I suggest the latter.

Also: operating that valve will but some stress on the fittings and hardline is a bit sensitive too that in terms of leaks. I'd probably just attach it directly to the T-splitter fitting and close it up with a screw plug. If you need to use it, you just attach some soft tubing with a fitting on one side and open the valve.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

9 hours ago, bowrilla said:

Works but don't expect too much from that since your radiators apparently have the ports at the top ... there'll be a lot of tilting and potentially shaking necessary to drain your loop entirely. 

You either have to turn your radiators around, replace them with multiport radiators or live with it - I suggest the latter.

Also: operating that valve will but some stress on the fittings and hardline is a bit sensitive too that in terms of leaks. I'd probably just attach it directly to the T-splitter fitting and close it up with a screw plug. If you need to use it, you just attach some soft tubing with a fitting on one side and open the valve.

From what I red,  there's no perfect way. Either easy filling or draining. 

Bottom did not have much space anyway.  

What about having some air pump or compressor or whatever to blow air into the filling port of the res, to push out the liquid? 

Would that damage the pump?

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

2 hours ago, Enochian said:

What about having some air pump or compressor or whatever to blow air into the filling port of the res, to push out the liquid? 

It will not do anything. Flow takes the path of least resistance, and so the air will just come out of the drain port. For an effect loop, one needs to minimize any “U”  shaped areas in the loop. 

6 hours ago, Enochian said:

Id just attach a tube to another part of the loop and before the rad and blow, youll force the water out