Fan Hunters Needed

Insephet
Go to solution Solved by leclod,

I'd buy cheap 5* packs of Arctic P12 or F12 (DC or PWM if your motherboard can handle it) (and if you can get any)

I run 3 P12 (Case and cpu) and 1 P14 (psu)

Hi, I am in need of some new fans since my current ones aren't cutting it. I have a low budget and I need 7 120mm fans for around $100-$150. I need them to be able to be quiet and be able to handle a radiator well. It would be a bonus if they looked similar to the ones I have now.(Picture is attached)

20181225_222430212_iOS.jpg

I'd buy cheap 5* packs of Arctic P12 or F12 (DC or PWM if your motherboard can handle it) (and if you can get any)

I'm willing to swim against the current.

it probably not so much the fans at fault, but more like the case is the issue at hand. it's hard to tell, but it looks like the front fans are butted up against the front glass panel. if this is happening. the glass panel is choking all airflow going into the case. those vent on the side front are useless due to the fact that the fan are to far forward and the shrouds of the fans are blocking air from flowing through there too. 

simply changing fans or adding fans wont fix the issue as the is no air to move. 

moving the front fans to the inside of actual chassis along with a change to better fans will help, but I doubt it will give the results you want. you could test it by simply moving current fans inside and see what the difference is. 

personally with your budget I would skip the bs and go straight to getting a better case that comes with better fans like:

phanteks p500a

phanteks p500a rgb

lian li lancool ii mesh 

lian li lancool ii mesh rgb

coolermaster td500

there are a few other options, but these are some top picks.

they all look great, have, great airflow, come with fans, and are easy to build in. the fans are quiet, move alot air, have rgb( not ring style, but they all match and look good), and if you want to add more fans it's not expensive nor hard to find same type of fans.

How are the current fans not cutting it?

Specs and load temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

18 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

it probably not so much the fans at fault, but more like the case is the issue at hand. it's hard to tell, but it looks like the front fans are butted up against the front glass panel. if this is happening. the glass panel is choking all airflow going into the case. those vent on the side front are useless due to the fact that the fan are to far forward and the shrouds of the fans are blocking air from flowing through there too. 

simply changing fans or adding fans wont fix the issue as the is no air to move. 

moving the front fans to the inside of actual chassis along with a change to better fans will help, but I doubt it will give the results you want. you could test it by simply moving current fans inside and see what the difference is. 

personally with your budget I would skip the bs and go straight to getting a better case that comes with better fans like:

phanteks p500a

phanteks p500a rgb

lian li lancool ii mesh 

lian li lancool ii mesh rgb

coolermaster td500

there are a few other options, but these are some top picks.

they all look great, have, great airflow, come with fans, and are easy to build in. the fans are quiet, move alot air, have rgb( not ring style, but they all match and look good), and if you want to add more fans it's not expensive nor hard to find same type of fans.

They aren't up against the front cover, and there are very open and large vents to the side (I had the side panel open for a long time and they still didn't push much air). If I was to get a different case I would be spending more time finding a case that could fit everything I have in it right now, as this picture is kind of old and I have changed a lot, the picture was just to show the style of fans. An updated picture is below. Yes my loop is weird this was my first time with anything custom loop.

IMG_0408.jpg

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

How are the current fans not cutting it?

Specs and load temps?

They are getting old, some of them already have an annoying clicking from bearings going bad, and they are very bad at pushing air through a radiator. Temps are ok right now, but when I add a GPU to my loop in the future I know that the temps will get to a temperature that will lessen the life span of an already old I7-7700k, that I do not want to go through the hassle of replacing, especially now. Once the loop gets heat soaked, and affected by my GPU waste air, my CPU temps are near 70-85 Celsius

8 hours ago, leclod said:

I'll look into these, thanks for helping!

14 hours ago, Insephet said:

They aren't up against the front cover, and there are very open and large vents to the side (I had the side panel open for a long time and they still didn't push much air). If I was to get a different case I would be spending more time finding a case that could fit everything I have in it right now, as this picture is kind of old and I have changed a lot, the picture was just to show the style of fans. An updated picture is below. Yes my loop is weird this was my first time with anything custom loop.

IMG_0408.jpg

they may not be press against the front, but its definitely very restrictive. there are plenty of case that will fit everything just fine. but like many things in life people dont know what bad is until they have experienced the good.

I still recommend a case change.

moving away from that. what forms of rgb does your motherboard support? so I can make the right rgb fan recommendations.

On 5/23/2021 at 3:51 AM, narrdarr said:

they may not be press against the front, but its definitely very restrictive. there are plenty of case that will fit everything just fine. but like many things in life people dont know what bad is until they have experienced the good.

I still recommend a case change.

moving away from that. what forms of rgb does your motherboard support? so I can make the right rgb fan recommendations.

Only one A-RGB connector, it's an asrock. I may have already found an answer that is cost effective, the arctic P12s (possibly the RGB ones, but I will decide on that later).