How do download the LTT Forum App!!

Bratstech

Due to limited resources at LTT they are not able to make an actual LTT Forum app. However there is a way to get an App like experience on your phone. For iPhone you MUST use Safari and I believe for android Firefox can do this too but I will be using Chrome since that's what most people use. 

Now, again, for this you MUST use safari because no other browser can do this on iPhone (that I am aware of).

iPhone:

Open Safari

Go to Linustechtips.com

tap the "share" button

Scroll down until you see "Add to Home Screen"

The default name will be "LTT" but I suggest renaming it to "LTT Forum" 

Tap Add in the top right corner

And Boom. the Icon should be on your home screen. tap the icon and sign-in and you're good to go! It should basically work like reddit just a little clunky. There are no visible Safari elements like the url header or the bottom header it just looks like a normal app with a few exceptions. When you press and hold on a hyperlink or a regular link you do still get the website preview that safari does.

Now for android:

Open Chrome

Go to Linustechtips.com

tap the three dots in the top right corner

find the "Add to Home Screen" button

Rename to "LTT Forum"

and Boom. The icon should now be on your home screen. tap the icon and it takes you right to the website just like an app.

I think that they could pool some resources to make it look a little better on mobile like fixing the icon to make it an actual icon and not the logo over a black background and some quality of life improvements. I have been using the website on mobile like this for a couple days now and it works really well. I might try and make an actual icon and try to submit it to LTT to make it look better so keep an eye out for that because I have an idea of what I wanna do.

image0.png

I think a lot of people are aware of this and this doesn't really fix the need people have for an app (imo it would be useless with an app) what that icon is is basically a shortcut that opens the website would be same as opening the browser and entering website

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

So here what I was thinking for a LTT app logo for iPhone or any other square icon really. It's a rough sketch but should get the idea across. basically the current LTT logo made into a square kinda

5D05A224-99A0-45A7-8AF9-4E4C4BAD47C9.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Bratstech said:

So here what I was thinking for a LTT app logo for iPhone or any other square icon really. It's a rough sketch but should get the idea across. basically the current LTT logo made into a square kinda

-snip-

Looks great!

1 minute ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

image.png.3246ea54bb6e7831e92ca84d51a0c273.png

And on Windows 10, you can use the Microsoft Edge "Install as app" feature. 

I did that too on my laptop lol