Scanner(& printer) shared on local network doesn't work properly

Posted it on HP boards but got no anwser and I'm on bit of a hurry.

Sometimes the coumputers on the network can't find the scanner and I have to reinstall the the driver, not at the sametime, from time to time one computer loses the ability to use the scanner but not the printer.

But my problem right now is: it scan the first page but when I try to scan more pages it says that there is a error of connections. I tried rebooting the printer/scanner and the computers.

not at the sametime, from time to time one computer loses the ability to use the scanner but not the printer.

There is no problem printing, but scanning is always giving me problems. A few more informations: I running Windows 10 Pro and a i5 8400 on all the computers and they are connected to the network by wire throught a router(or a switch, I don't know I have both and a modem to handle my office local network and phones).

2 minutes ago, Guilherme26 said:

Posted it on HP boards but got no anwser and I'm on bit of a hurry.

Sometimes the coumputers on the network can't find the scanner and I have to reinstall the the driver, not at the sametime, from time to time one computer loses the ability to use the scanner but not the printer.

But my problem right now is: it scan the first page but when I try to scan more pages it says that there is a error of connections. I tried rebooting the printer/scanner and the computers.

not at the sametime, from time to time one computer loses the ability to use the scanner but not the printer.

There is no problem printing, but scanning is always giving me problems. A few more informations: I running Windows 10 Pro and a i5 8400 on all the computers and they are connected to the network by wire throught a router(or a switch, I don't know I have both and a modem to handle my office local network and phones).

You may find that the suite of programs that came with the printer (AIO...?) are required for full functionality; s/be available on the printer's Support page.

You may also find that a TWAIN import is required in the program you use to manipulate scanned documents.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

2 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

You may find that the suite of programs that came with the printer (AIO...?) are required for full functionality; s/be available on the printer's Support page.

You may also find that a TWAIN import is required in the program you use to manipulate scanned documents.

I use the programs that came with the printer/scanner(AIO) to scan documents.

When I say there is a problem to add more page to the file I mean this: I select scan page and the page gets scanned then I get a option to save or to scan another page. I should be able to scan any number of pages I want but after the first one I get connections problems.

5 minutes ago, Guilherme26 said:

I use the programs that came with the printer/scanner(AIO) to scan documents.

When I say there is a problem to add more page to the file I mean this: I select scan page and the page gets scanned then I get a option to save or to scan another page. I should be able to scan any number of pages I want but after the first one I get connections problems.

Yes, you should... as it'll store them in RAM until you choose a destination folder.

Is it a sheet-feed scanner or a flatbed?  Multi-page scan works best w/ a sheet-feeder.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

17 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Yes, you should... as it'll store them in RAM until you choose a destination folder.

Is it a sheet-feed scanner or a flatbed?  Multi-page scan works best w/ a sheet-feeder.

It is both but I need to scan a register book so flatbed is the only option.

4 minutes ago, Guilherme26 said:

It is both but I need to scan a register book so flatbed is the only option.

Ahh.  All I can think it is, is a "where do you want me to put this"/"What's next...?" time-out... that you need to reply to for the spooler to not lose it's place.

WHY NOT...?!

1 hour ago, Eighjan said:

Ahh.  All I can think it is, is a "where do you want me to put this"/"What's next...?" time-out... that you need to reply to for the spooler to not lose it's place.

There is no time out, and I tried to reinstall the driver and now the scan program can't even find the scanner. But the printer is working fine.

2 minutes ago, Guilherme26 said:

There is no time out, and I tried to reinstall the driver and now the scan program can't even find the scanner. But the printer is working fine.

The printer will run off default Window (10?) drivers until you tell it different.

What can you see in Control Panel/Devices & Printers?

WHY NOT...?!

20 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

The printer will run off default Window (10?) drivers until you tell it different.

What can you see in Control Panel/Devices & Printers?

It is running on the driver that came it the printer.

Just now, Guilherme26 said:

It is running on the driver that came it the printer.

I have an HP OJP 7720 & Windows sees it in Devices & Printers & it works without the HP software.

Are you initiating a Scan from the Printer or your PC?

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Eighjan said:

I have an HP OJP 7720 & Windows sees it in Devices & Printers & it works without the HP software.

Are you initiating a Scan from the Printer or your PC?

This is HP LaserJet Pro MPF M127fn and I starting the scan from a PC.

3 minutes ago, Guilherme26 said:

This is HP LaserJet Pro MPF M127fn and I starting the scan from a PC.

I usually initiate from the printer (by telling it where to scan to; mine's networked) & the machine tells me when the scan is finished.

Scan from a PC - last time I did any - was usually via "TWAIN Import" in the program I was using.

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

I usually initiate from the printer (by telling it where to scan to; mine's networked) & the machine tells me when the scan is finished.

Scan from a PC - last time I did any - was usually via "TWAIN Import"

I'm not familiar with TWAIN Import but I will look into it. Thank you.