Laptop Reccomendations?

Go to solution Solved by AdamBGames,
1 minute ago, TTCV51RIING said:

I have a chromebook but i hate it so much, i've had to buy many chargers for it and i cannot play games, i forgot to mention in my post i did want to do light gaming but i cannot stand my chromebook and i haven't opened it in 4 months.

As I said, your options are severely limited, at that price range you are looking at lower end Ryzen Athlons or at best a Ryzen 3 if you can get it on a deal, but both will likely be the U series which is their lower power consumption chips. How much those can play games will be very much up in the air. And as I said before, due to your price range, your options are very limited, if you are ok with not being able to upgrade much then the net can be wider but it'll still be difficult, I myself have been on the hunt for a decent laptop for my mother the last few months with only around 5 or 6 possible laptops 4 of which I would have to upgrade before I could give to her, 1 slightly out of the price range and 1 with a 1366x768 screen. But this is my experience in the UK, your country might have better deals.

I'm looking for a laptop so that I can consume content without turning on my gaming pc and warming up my room like a sauna. (Like actually my room gets 20F hotter) I had an amazing experience with my Dell Latitude 3440 from a few years ago. But I'm looking to move to almighty Ryzen. I have around 450 to spend and I'd like to have a decent experience. I'd prefer a laptop that has upgradable components so I can milk more performance out of it in the future. Thin&Lights are accepted, and if possible, it should have USB-C Charging. 

Thank you guys for your help!

EDIT: i would also like to do some light gaming (think minecraft)

17 minutes ago, TTCV51RIING said:

I'm looking for a laptop so that I can consume content without turning on my gaming pc and warming up my room like a sauna. (Like actually my room gets 20F hotter) I had an amazing experience with my Dell Latitude 3440 from a few years ago. But I'm looking to move to almighty Ryzen. I have around 450 to spend and I'd like to have a decent experience. I'd prefer a laptop that has upgradable components so I can milk more performance out of it in the future. Thin&Lights are accepted, and if possible, it should have USB-C Charging. 

Thank you guys for your help!

Honestly, if its just for watching content, get yourself a tablet/Ipad or at the worst a chromebook. They'll consume less power and is pretty decent for what you need.

Laptops especially those at the lower price range wont have many upgradable components as manufacturers are moving to EMMC storage and BGA components for that kind of range. Some still have upgradable ram slots but its a lot rarer to see now than it was a few years ago, and some have upgradable storage but those are getting even harder to find.

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

1 minute ago, AdamBGames said:

Honestly, if its just for watching content, get yourself a tablet/Ipad or at the worst a chromebook. They'll consume less power and is pretty decent for what you need.

Laptops especially those at the lower price range wont have many upgradable components as manufacturers are moving to EMMC storage and BGA components for that kind of range. Some still have upgradable ram slots but its a lot rarer to see now than it was a few years ago, and some have upgradable storage but those are getting even harder to find.

Im not saying laptops around your price range dont exist with what you want, just that you might get more out of a tablet or chromebook since your options will be severely limited.

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

2 minutes ago, AdamBGames said:

I have a chromebook but i hate it so much, i've had to buy many chargers for it and i cannot play games, i forgot to mention in my post i did want to do light gaming but i cannot stand my chromebook and i haven't opened it in 4 months.

1 minute ago, TTCV51RIING said:

As I said, your options are severely limited, at that price range you are looking at lower end Ryzen Athlons or at best a Ryzen 3 if you can get it on a deal, but both will likely be the U series which is their lower power consumption chips. How much those can play games will be very much up in the air. And as I said before, due to your price range, your options are very limited, if you are ok with not being able to upgrade much then the net can be wider but it'll still be difficult, I myself have been on the hunt for a decent laptop for my mother the last few months with only around 5 or 6 possible laptops 4 of which I would have to upgrade before I could give to her, 1 slightly out of the price range and 1 with a 1366x768 screen. But this is my experience in the UK, your country might have better deals.

You're best to go used at that price point, as you will get a lot more bang for your buck.

Just be sure to test the system out beforehand. Run a program such as hwinfo to verify hardware, and run a few benchmarks, such as cinebench, 3dmark, and/or heaven, to ensure stability.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

if you lucky maybe a used 445rG6/455Rg6
thats going to get you zen+ APUs, 2 ram slots, m.2 and 2.5in storage

here is my review of it. I haven't tested the display drivers for windows in 6 months but they should be fixed

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs