XFX Radeon HD6950 graphics card able to support multiple displays?

Fanatikal Warlok

Hello All! 

This is my first post about my first real gaming PC that I obtained from a friend that couldn't take it with them on a move.  Most of the hardware is around 10 years old, including the graphics card being a XFX Radeon HD6950.  With the set up that i have i am struggling on getting multiple displays to work.  Both monitors work and are connected (I can switch between the monitors), but I can't get both monitors to be active at the same time.  According to the owner's manual (Display Configurations; Multiple Displays - AMD Radeon HD 6950 User Manual [Page 18] | ManualsLib) it can support up to six displays.  I am connecting through the HDMI connection and one of the Dual link DVI-I connections.  Every time I select "Extend these displays" and choose to save the changes a message shows up that says "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings."

any suggestions on how to make both displays work?  If you need any more information please let me know!

Thank you in advanced! 

It is a fresh install of windows, I got a new SSD for it when i got the PC so i had to start there.

I updated the display adapter drivers (device manager screen shot included here).  Do you think i should uninstall and reinstall the AMD Radeon drivers then?

Screenshot 2021-05-18 163940.png

So i was connecting one of the monitors with HDMI and the other with one of the DVI connections.  I just bought a DVI to HDMI adapter and the multiscreen just started working!  I don't know why, according to the manual it should have worked before.  But it is working now, so, yay

Thank you for responding!

Should i delete this thread?