360mm rad????

I already have my system pretty much set to go I'm just wondering if it's possible to fit in a 360 mm copper low profile radiator currently I have a 120 copper in the back and I'm putting a 280 mm copper in the front for the RX 6800 if I could ever find a reference 6900 I will probably replace it with that and no I can't flip the radiator around on top because I'm old school and have a DVD player up front who knows when you want to play retro game on a 10700k

IMG_20210516_213704.jpg

Ok sorry can you explain this better? Im not sure exactly what you are talking about here. Can you show a picture thats not so zoomed in? I know you are wanting to fit a 360m rad in some unknown PC case in an unspecified location but I need more details before I can even begin to try to help

8 minutes ago, tjrose91 said:

I already have my system pretty much set to go I'm just wondering if it's possible to fit in a 360 mm copper low profile radiator currently I have a 120 copper in the back and I'm putting a 280 mm copper in the front for the RX 6800 if I could ever find a reference 6900 I will probably replace it with that and no I can't flip the radiator around on top because I'm old school and have a DVD player up front who knows when you want to play retro game on a 10700k

IMG_20210516_213704.jpg

Custom loop and get thicker rads..? I run a 45mm up top and a 60mm in front. Standard AIO’s are 30’s.

Also, the real question is why….. if it’s just performance, your likely doing fine. I do it for noise, more rads means fans can run slower which reduces noise. I don’t want to hear my PC, ever. If this isn’t the reason your after, I’d argue your probably beyond the diminishing return point. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

18 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Custom loop and get thicker rads..? I run a 45mm up top and a 60mm in front. Standard AIO’s are 30’s.

Also, the real question is why….. if it’s just performance, your likely doing fine. I do it for noise, more rads means fans can run slower which reduces noise. I don’t want to hear my PC, ever. If this isn’t the reason your after, I’d argue your probably beyond the diminishing return point. 

It's more or less a fun project and yeah that's the point is silent operation but the CPU is on the 360 AIO in the GPU is going to be on a 120+280mm custom loop 280 in front 120 in the back

20 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

And I'm already having clearance issues with the radiator I'm having on top I can't fit the fans on top only in push mode

48 minutes ago, tjrose91 said:

And I'm already having clearance issues with the radiator I'm having on top I can't fit the fans on top only in push mode

Why not just full custom loop....? It would clean things up a lot.

And what is the clearance issue? Also, try and make it so the front rad is the last one in the loop, that way most of the heat is actually pushed out of the case, and the second rad in the loop which will be acting as intake will be pumping out slightly less hot air.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

36 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Why not just full custom loop....? It would clean things up a lot.

And what is the clearance issue? Also, try and make it so the front rad is the last one in the loop, that way most of the heat is actually pushed out of the case, and the second rad in the loop which will be acting as intake will be pumping out slightly less hot air

My case doesn't have a side panel glass it's a solid steel like it at night when I got to sleep, but when I tried to have fans in pull it had clearance with the vrm 

23 hours ago, tjrose91 said:

My case doesn't have a side panel glass it's a solid steel like it at night when I got to sleep, but when I tried to have fans in pull it had clearance with the vrm 

I don't mean move where the fan is, or push vs pull. I just mean make sure the first radiator in the loop (so first rad AFTER the heat source) is blowing air out of the case. Top and rear rads should always blow air out. Front rad is going to be an intake... So in your dual rad loop, the front rad (which is your intake) should be last, that way your not pumping hot air into the system.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 9:28 PM, LIGISTX said:

I don't mean move where the fan is, or push vs pull. I just mean make sure the first radiator in the loop (so first rad AFTER the heat source) is blowing air out of the case. Top and rear rads should always blow air out. Front rad is going to be an intake... So in your dual rad loop, the front rad (which is your intake) should be last, that way your not pumping hot air into the system.

i got a 280mm rad in the front with the water pump out line going to the 280mm, then 280mm to the gpu with a 120mm copper rad acting as the exaust so far when on vacation and left the system to mine with NIcehash, system reset didn't know, but the whole card didnt go past 70c only the 120mm rad fan is tied to the GPU as i have two bequites fans always on for the 280mm rad, i assume the rear fan didnt turn on due to Wattman always enabling the Zero RPM mode for the their cards 

On 5/17/2021 at 9:28 PM, LIGISTX said:

the CPU loop is on its own 360 AIO might not even bother with the CPU as it has a graphite pad and its in push mode on the top ,