Flat / Square Cherry MX Switch Caps

H713

Cherry MX switches are remarkably cheap for what they are. They have gold-plated contacts and are relatively tough.

Problem is the darn switch caps. Does anyone know of square, non-skulpted relatively low-profile switch caps for these things? I'm thinking the style of cap used on Apple keyboards, though obviously with more travel. Preferably these caps would be available individually (so I could buy, say, 32 caps with the letter M and 32 caps with the letter S on them). Alternatively, I could live with caps that simply have no character on them. 

6 hours ago, H713 said:

Cherry MX switches are remarkably cheap for what they are. They have gold-plated contacts and are relatively tough.

Problem is the darn switch caps. Does anyone know of square, non-skulpted relatively low-profile switch caps for these things? I'm thinking the style of cap used on Apple keyboards, though obviously with more travel. Preferably these caps would be available individually (so I could buy, say, 32 caps with the letter M and 32 caps with the letter S on them). Alternatively, I could live with caps that simply have no character on them. 

G20 profile keycaps? Like this one: https://pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-pbt-blank-keysets/

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

6 hours ago, H713 said:

Cherry MX switches are remarkably cheap for what they are.

Remarkably cheap for being shit? They're pricier than most alternatives.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

10 minutes ago, Elisis said:

Remarkably cheap for being shit? They're pricier than most alternatives.

Price is about $1 at Mouser. I do not know of very many reliable push-button switches with gold plated contacts which cost less, and most cost 10 times more. 

You may not like what they feel like on a keyboard (though obviously quite a few people do), but that is not my use case, hence my unusual switch cap requirements. 

25 minutes ago, H713 said:

Price is about $1 at Mouser. I do not know of very many reliable push-button switches with gold plated contacts which cost less, and most cost 10 times more. 

Big F for you as you can reliably get Retooled Black and other variants for 0.39 or less. Here is an example: https://divinikey.com/collections/cherry-switches/products/cherry-mx-switches

Edited by ProBottler

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream

Just now, H713 said:

Yes, I have no doubt that there are suppliers with better prices. That doesn't change what my question was.

Yea, just saying. Anyway I have given my answer to your question, G20 profile caps

A kid with a dream

Thanks, it looks like they might work. That same site had one other option that looked interesting as well.

My intention is to use these for things like mute or solo switches. Gold-plated contacts are important for longevity.

Just now, H713 said:

Thanks, it looks like they might work. That same site had one other option that looked interesting as well.

My intention is to use these for things like mute or solo switches.

I see, their translucent keycaps might be your match, you can legended it with waterslide decals like this video depicts:

A kid with a dream