Can't modify weapons/armour Metro Exodus

Statik
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

You wont be able to craft until you bring the passenger car back to Aurora.

Hey guys, so I'm trying to beat Exodus, however in the crafting menu I can't access the weapon or armour tabs, and I've had to restart the game for like the 3rd time, I'm going to lose pretty much all interest. I've tried verifying integrity of game cache, as well as reinstalling via steam, no dice. Anyone have a similar issue that they fixed?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Which mission are you on? If I remember correctly, you can't access those in the field until you get the backpack and some stuff can only be done on crafting tables or between missions.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, Eigenvektor said:

Which mission are you on? If I remember correctly, you can't access those in the field until you get the backpack and some stuff can only be done on crafting tables or between missions.

Part of me was wondering if this was the issue.

Spoiler

I'm at the part where we have still yet to cross the bridge on the train, and I had to go to the train station to get the passenger cart.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

12 minutes ago, Statik said:

Part of me was wondering if this was the issue.

Spoiler

I think your options at this point are still fairly limited. At least I don't recall having too many options in that level. There should definitely be a crafting table in small hut/house fairly close to the train/bridge, guarded by an electro-ball at night. Of course it also depends on how many weapon mods you've found at this point, iirc there's not that many this early on.

~edit: Just a small addition (in case you haven't noticed): When you kill someone, there should be an option to swap your weapon with theirs or strip it for parts. You should generally strip it for parts to collect (their) weapon mods, otherwise you just replace your active weapon.

9 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think your options at this point are still fairly limited. At least I don't recall having too many options in that level. There should definitely be a crafting table in small hut/house fairly close to the train/bridge, guarded by an electro-ball at night. Of course it also depends on how many weapon mods you've found at this point, iirc there's not that many this early on.

~edit: Just a small addition (in case you haven't noticed): When you kill someone, there should be an option to swap your weapon with theirs or strip it for parts. You should generally strip it for parts to collect (their) weapon mods, otherwise you just replace your active weapon.

Yeah I'm tracking that

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

coming in clutch. Ty.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

I'm playing it too and barely use any weapons except for the airsoft rifle to kill some mutants, I'd rather do stealth runs and knock out enemies instead of rushing like Rambo. 

I usually have a mix of one stealth, one long/medium range and one shotgun/close range. This way when stealth fails you always have a backup.