Win32/AgentTesla!ml virus/malware detected everytime I boot up my friends PC. Any why to permenantly delete it??

mrchow19910319
Go to solution Solved by Murasaki,

Deadly - no. Inconvinient and a possible threat to security/data - yes. Chances are these are merely set up to start on boot and perform their operation. They can be disabled and possibly cleaned entirely if you know what you're doing. But overall starting on a new clean OS is recommended like @jaslionsaid. It might even be faster to install an OS and restore programs to your normal working order before an entire system can be scanned and/or manual cleanup of malware.

Everytime I boot up my friends PC, I was greated with this error message. 

316954225_Image1.thumb.png.1c428026353b03c20c62869b0d79366a.png

It says windows security detected this trojan and ask me what to do with it,

I always click delete. But whenever I restart the PC the error shows up again.

I tried google this error message and most of the articles I found are affiliates of malware detection program. So I dont think I can trust them completely...

Has anyone encountered this issue before?? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

28 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Malwarebytes.

If it still pops up then a fresh install should be heavily considered.

I see. Is this virus that deadly??? WHat could be the reason of it appearing on my friend's laptop?

He did install some dodgy winrar replicate and some other "smartphone helper" from the internet. Then a few days ago I found out that there are multiple "online web based game" got automatically installed on his system... 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Deadly - no. Inconvinient and a possible threat to security/data - yes. Chances are these are merely set up to start on boot and perform their operation. They can be disabled and possibly cleaned entirely if you know what you're doing. But overall starting on a new clean OS is recommended like @jaslionsaid. It might even be faster to install an OS and restore programs to your normal working order before an entire system can be scanned and/or manual cleanup of malware.